Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200 Printer Utility  (Read 2532 times)

Hector Caroselli

Epson 2200 Printer Utility
« on: November 04, 2009, 06:51:14 pm »

Hello,

I recently upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard. I'm not sure if this is the reason for my problem. I cannot find the Printer Utility (Epson 2200) anywhere. I read other threads on this topic and tried all the suggestions with no luck. I am pretty confident the program is not here.

How can I get another copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

Hector
Seattle

francois

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:38:17 am »

Quote from: Hector Caroselli
Hello,

I recently upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard. I'm not sure if this is the reason for my problem. I cannot find the Printer Utility (Epson 2200) anywhere. I read other threads on this topic and tried all the suggestions with no luck. I am pretty confident the program is not here.

How can I get another copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

Hector
Seattle
Have you checked in /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Utilities/ ? BTW, I don't know if your 2200 driver is compatible with Snow Leopard. You might have to reinstall it and then test for compatibility. Read the technote regarding printing here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669. The 2200 seems to be supported only through Gutenprint.
Francois

Hector Caroselli

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:40 am »

Thanks Francois,

The directory you mentioned is one of the many places I checked, with no luck.

I will visit the article you mentioned at the Apple web site.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to buy that Canon 9500 printer I have checking.  

Thanks again.
Hectpr

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:51:15 am »

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to buy that Canon 9500 printer I have checking.

Don't blame me for this expense!  
Francois

Hector Caroselli

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »

Francois,

Since you live far away from me I was planning on telling my wife the new printer is your fault. Guess I'll go to plan B. BTW, do you have any opinion about the Canon 9500?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hector

jjlphoto

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 04:19:05 pm »

There was a post here a while back about the Epson 2200 on Snow Leopard, and all that is available for that machine is the Apple/CUPS/Gutenprint Driver.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

kinserfr

• http://www.clarityphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36:44 pm »

If you open the System Prefs panel, go to printers and then select you printer, then choose "Options & Supplies", choose the Utility tab and finally choose the "Open Printer Utility" button, it will take you to the Epson Printer Utility you are used to.  It's kinda difficult to find.  

I am having a problem where the drivers are not the same, or used in the same way and now my printing is "way off".  I am doing more research, and I hope I do not have to buy another printer to resolve. I know the P2200 is kind of dated, but it has still worked very well for my printing needs.

francois

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 06:38:01 am »

Francois,

Since you live far away from me I was planning on telling my wife the new printer is your fault. Guess I'll go to plan B. BTW, do you have any opinion about the Canon 9500?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hector
That's fine for me! I just hope that your wife won't be knocking at my door in the next few days! Let me know if she buys a ticket for Switzerland.

I heard good things about the Canon 9500 printer. At the moment, I'm using and Epson 3800 and I'm very satisfied although I've experienced a few issues with the PS/Epson/Snow Leopard combo!
Francois

booksmartstudio

• http://www.booksmartstudio.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 03:49:56 pm »

All you need to do it reinstall the updated driver, and re add the printer.
Kory Gunnasen
Digital Printing Lab Mana
Pages: [1]   Go Up