Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProPhoto with EOS 5D Mark II  (Read 2354 times)

RonNYC

ProPhoto with EOS 5D Mark II
« on: November 04, 2009, 06:29:34 pm »

When I used a Rebel Xsi, ProPhoto profile was very useful in CS4. But recently I moved up to a Canon 5D Mark II. When I open the image in CS4 and assign a ProPhoto profile, the colors get blown totally out; they look horrible. With Adobe RGB 1998, the image looks like what I expect. My monitor is recently calibrated. What accounts for the difference? I'm confused.

RON

Sheldon N

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:54:32 pm »

Quote from: RonNYC
When I used a Rebel Xsi, ProPhoto profile was very useful in CS4. But recently I moved up to a Canon 5D Mark II. When I open the image in CS4 and assign a ProPhoto profile, the colors get blown totally out; they look horrible. With Adobe RGB 1998, the image looks like what I expect. My monitor is recently calibrated. What accounts for the difference? I'm confused.

RON

Don't assign a profile, it just throws all the colors out from where they should be.  Instead you should be converting from a RAW file into the ProPhoto color space, giving you the most headroom. Big difference between converting to a profile and assigning a profile.

Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

Panopeeper

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »

Quote from: RonNYC
When I used a Rebel Xsi, ProPhoto profile was very useful in CS4
Only to make sure, that we are talking about the same thing: ProPhoto color space, not profile, right?

But recently I moved up to a Canon 5D Mark II. When I open the image in CS4 and assign a ProPhoto profile, the colors get blown totally out
What does it mean you assign a ProPhoto profile? Are you talking about the raw conversion in ACR? Are you talking about images converted from raw at all, or about JPEGs created in-camera?
Gabor

RonNYC

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:39:36 pm »

MY error: I was assinging a profile when I should have been working with the color space.

Quote from: Panopeeper
Only to make sure, that we are talking about the same thing: ProPhoto color space, not profile, right?

What does it mean you assign a ProPhoto profile? Are you talking about the raw conversion in ACR? Are you talking about images converted from raw at all, or about JPEGs created in-camera?
Pages: [1]   Go Up