Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a Newsletter and the problem of Image Quality v File Size  (Read 1254 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel

I have been struggling with a dilemma for the last week or so in making up a photographic newsletter for my client base that I can email (a sort of semi periodical).

In effect the problem is one of quality and size. I would like to produce a simple 5 page newsletter with full or near to full page size photographs (say around 6 shots in total) in a file size that I can easily email and therein lies the problem - which hopefully someone can help with.

I have tried making the newsletter in word; but in order to get the photographs to hold their quality the file size needs to be quite large (to big to email) - And PDF size reduction just turns the whole thing to mush.

IS there a suitable solution or am I asking to much? Would In Design be a better choice (would it even help? sort of appears on the outside to be a sledgehammer for a walnut)?

Thanks for any assistance.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

TimG

Creating a Newsletter and the problem of Image Quality v File Size
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 04:30:36 pm »

One possible solution is to use something like Issuu (http://issuu.com/).  Just upload and send your client base the link.

This way, instead of the client having to download a large attachment, they can view it online.

Larry Berman

Creating a Newsletter and the problem of Image Quality v File Size
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:48:58 pm »

Create an HTML e-mail through either Constant Contact or Vertical Response instead of trying to send something through your own ISP or web host.

Quote from: Josh-H
I have been struggling with a dilemma for the last week or so in making up a photographic newsletter for my client base that I can email (a sort of semi periodical).

In effect the problem is one of quality and size. I would like to produce a simple 5 page newsletter with full or near to full page size photographs (say around 6 shots in total) in a file size that I can easily email and therein lies the problem - which hopefully someone can help with.

I have tried making the newsletter in word; but in order to get the photographs to hold their quality the file size needs to be quite large (to big to email) - And PDF size reduction just turns the whole thing to mush.

IS there a suitable solution or am I asking to much? Would In Design be a better choice (would it even help? sort of appears on the outside to be a sledgehammer for a walnut)?

Thanks for any assistance.
Larry Berman
[url=http://bermangraphics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up