Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Note to those waiting for 64 bit WIC codecs  (Read 1633 times)

Tim Anderson

Note to those waiting for 64 bit WIC codecs
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:19 am »

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered:  I have been searching for 64 bit DNG and or CR2 codecs since adopting Vista x64 two years ago.  I could only ever find options which involved paying ~$30 which seemed rather steep given the inevitability of 64 bit software adoption in the PC world, especially for we photographers working with large images.

After regularly searching google for 64 bit dng etc etc etc I stumbled upon a codec pack available for free, along with a fast image viewer which uses your GPU to decode images.

I downloaded the codec pack first and it is working like a champ on my Vista 64 desktop.  I am now installing the entire Fast Picture Viewer to my Win7 laptop and will be registering it right away, I am *that* impressed with what I have seen so far.

Note that I have zero connections with this company, I just happened upon the codec pack and viewer as a result of my subscription to the windows secrets newsletter.

Here is the url for the free codecs (they do take donations if you like their work):

http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

Hope you all find the codecs useful.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up