Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar Emotion 75LV - incorrect Exif data  (Read 3522 times)

baudolino

Sinar Emotion 75LV - incorrect Exif data
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:07:00 am »

Hello,

I am new to this forum and would like to ask if any Sinar Emotion 75LV users have encountered the following problem:

I use the back on a Contax 645, convert the files into DNG using Brumbaer eMotion DNG and then edit in Lightroom 2.0. While the ISO, camera model and resolution data are shown correctly, the shutter speed data is shown as either 1/5, 1/6 or 1/7 of a second, which does not make sense (my latest images were mostly shot handheld from a moving boat at 1/500s or 1/1000s). The aperture information is not shown at all. I would occasionally like to use the camera/back for HDR images where the software typically reads the shutter speed and aperture data from the file; the above issue complicates that.

note: when using Captureshop, the shutter speed / aperture /ISO info is either missing completely in Lightroom when reviewing the TIFF files or, in other cases, both aperture and shutter speed are shown (correctly) but ISO is shown incorrectly (e.g. ISO 25 in one of the images -- the back does not even offer such a level, so it is obviously incorrect)

I have not used the Exposure program yet as I've initially had some serious colour shift issues with it (all images appeared dark green) and have found it rather awkward to use.

Any suggestions on how I can make the metadata display correctly with my preferred workflow (i.e. Brumbaer -> Lightroom)? My local Sinar distributor in the Czech Republic and their "technical help" unfortunately do not know anything about DNG / Brumbaer / Exposure and tell me to use Captureshop and be happy or talk to Sinar directly .....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:12:16 am »

dont remember exactly why, but this data is read out from the sensor itself, and may not be correct written in the raw data.
i made many hdr with photomatix and havent encountered any problem with this. only ps asks for the exposure time.
about exposure it should work as good as brumbaer now, with tha advantage that clipped highlights remain neutral and dont get casts.
maybe u should try it again ... never checked the exposure exif data in xposure, but would believe its wrong or missing too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:27:36 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

sinar444

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:13:52 am »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with a Mamiya 645AFDII-Sinar 54LV combo. What I found: there are very rare occasions when the exif data are correct. In most cases the shutter time and/or the aperture value is missing or don't make sense. I use eMotion 6.2 to generate the DNG file and process it with CS3. I reported it to Sinar 4 months ago but I haven't received any answer yet. BWY: my camera sometimes looses the digital back and only the DB reboot helps. Don't you happened to have this feature?

Best regards

Tomas Johanson

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:46:03 am »

I use Contax645 and emotion75.

Exposure:
When I shoot theatered or transfer the images directly to Exposure i get correct ISO, aperture and exposure time. If I first copy the images to a cf-card the aperture numbers went totaly wrong.
Something goes wrong in the cf-writing.

baudolino

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:02:47 am »

No, I don't have this "feature", fortunately - the camera never loses the back (only sometimes I have to depress the shutter button twice to wake it up which is mildly annoying but other than that no problem); I have never needed to reboot the back.

Quote from: sinar444
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with a Mamiya 645AFDII-Sinar 54LV combo. What I found: there are very rare occasions when the exif data are correct. In most cases the shutter time and/or the aperture value is missing or don't make sense. I use eMotion 6.2 to generate the DNG file and process it with CS3. I reported it to Sinar 4 months ago but I haven't received any answer yet. BWY: my camera sometimes looses the digital back and only the DB reboot helps. Don't you happened to have this feature?

Best regards

baudolino

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:08:25 am »

Tomas, this may indeed be the cause - I almost always first copy the data from the internal storage to a CF card, then download images from the card using a standard USB reader.

Quote from: Tomas

Exposure:
When I shoot theatered or transfer the images directly to Exposure i get correct ISO, aperture and exposure time. If I first copy the images to a cf-card the aperture numbers went totaly wrong.

sinar444

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:53:11 am »

Hi,

I tested it tethered and non-tethered. If non-tethered I shot pictures to the internal memory and downloaded the pictures from there and I also shot directly to the CF card. Also, I tested the version when shooting to the internal memory then copying to the CF card. The result is the same unfortunatelly.

Best regards
Istvan

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:50:14 pm »

I had similar experiences with the e75LV on a Hy6.

Quote from: Tomas

Exposure:
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

PeterA

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 04:41:45 am »

I dont have a problem with Exif data on my 75LVr. I do have a problem trying to transfer from internal to Cf or vica versa - maybe one dy Sinar will fix this ..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:52:24 am by PeterA »

avelpavel

• http://www.pastrovicchio.com
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 11:52:16 am »

Hi,

I have the same issue with the Contax 645 and 54LV (or 75LV sometime ago I had a service one) about pressing the shutter twice to wake the back up and then shoot.

However there is a way to get rid of it, even if you loose the exif data... (when the back writes them   ):
the trick is to consider the camera as a view camera, you set the 54LV camera setting on x-contact and use the x-sync cable from the back to the contax body (like I did with Hasselblad V or Mamiya RZ and now with the viewcamera)...

BUT you have first to put some tape on the gold contacts between the Contax and the back, otherwise the camera does not work. In doing so the 645 is responding as soon as you press the shutter...

Hope it will be useful!

Regards

Roberto

Quote from: baudolino
No, I don't have this "feature", fortunately - the camera never loses the back (only sometimes I have to depress the shutter button twice to wake it up which is mildly annoying but other than that no problem); I have never needed to reboot the back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up