Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad & firewire problem  (Read 5205 times)

shaun

Hasselblad & firewire problem
« on: November 03, 2009, 02:47:36 am »

Hi

I've been using a Hasselblad h3d1139 and from the get go the 400-800 cable that came with the camera didn't work when the camera was flipped from horizontal to vertical shooting. Hasselblad advised using the 800-800 cables as they were more reliable. This worked fine but the cables didn't last long. Was advised to go for a granite digital cable and that worked perfectly for a month. Sent this cable to Hasselblad who say it works ok with there 50meg cameras.

I tried the cable on 2 macs and the same problem exists, a cheap spare 800-800 works fine. Hasselblad say the camera firewire port is ok (unseen) as my current cable is working.

I keep a few cheaper cables spare now but does anyone have a solution or encountered this problem before.

Shaun

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:18:41 am »

Quote from: shaun
Hi

I've been using a Hasselblad h3d1139 and from the get go the 400-800 cable that came with the camera didn't work when the camera was flipped from horizontal to vertical shooting. Hasselblad advised using the 800-800 cables as they were more reliable. This worked fine but the cables didn't last long. Was advised to go for a granite digital cable and that worked perfectly for a month. Sent this cable to Hasselblad who say it works ok with there 50meg cameras.

I tried the cable on 2 macs and the same problem exists, a cheap spare 800-800 works fine. Hasselblad say the camera firewire port is ok (unseen) as my current cable is working.

I keep a few cheaper cables spare now but does anyone have a solution or encountered this problem before.

Shaun
I have also had problems getting Phocus to see the H3D11-50. I thought that it might be firewire cable problems, perhaps port problem as the cable has to be bent to use with the Silvestri back.

The Hasselblad regional rep recommended Graphite cables.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:25:39 am »

Quote from: shaun
Hi

Shaun

What Mac is it Shaun?

If the cheap spare 800-800 works fine then that sounds like a good solution?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jjlphoto

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:36 am »

Consider some strain relief of the FW cables.
http://www.tethergrip.com
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

shaun

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:31:56 am »

Hi David

I'm using a pbook 2.4Ghz intel core 2, 4gb ram and also imac 20" 4gb ram. The cable appears to have worked when I sent it to Hasselblad but now that I have it back the same issue is there. Just found it strange that it should fail for me and be ok on another camera.

Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up