Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about Hasselblad  (Read 51043 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
What about Hasselblad
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:45 am »

Quote from: gwhitf
Mr David Grover:

Can you advise? Metz website shows four flash units compatible with H2. I want the Meat Tenderizer design, with the handle and the whacker. B&H lists these two. Can you advise which is most compatible, easier to use, with H2? Thank you.

Metz 76 MZ-5:   http://tinyurl.com/yj58jwo

Metz 45 CL-4    http://tinyurl.com/yl23wnq

They also list some of these as "Basic Kit" and others as "Digital Kit". Is there a YouTube video anywhere that shows how to hook up one of these Metzes to my H2?

Well both work with the H, so it depends what features you need from the flash itself?

http://www.metz.de/en/photo-electronics/me...nformation.html

Specs are listed there.

As for hooking it up, you need the SCA adapter which goes on the hotshoe.  Looks like on the 76 unit you have the additional 'box' which goes on the shoe, on the cheaper 45 unit then a sync cable goes from hot shoe to hammerhead.

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dick Roadnight

What about Hasselblad
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2009, 11:07:55 am »

Quote from: arashm
Dick Roadnight:

it's not the weight that's a problem, and yes a vertical grip would add even more weight, it's that to hold the camera in vertical you now have to extend your right arm and elbow high and away from your body, with nothing to brace it on, and your wrist is holding the weight down under your arm and wrist.
any support would have to come from your left hand, a vertical grip will allow your elbows to be down by your sides and even supported by your torso.
On this shoot there is too much movement on set to keep up with, I would just use a tripod if I went the monopod route.
The problem is that you support the whole weight of the camera with your left hand… one technique for relieving your aching muscles occasionally is to hold the camera the other way up… it is not easy to use the shutter button like that with your “trigger” finger, but it is easier if you use your thumb for the shutter button.
If the vertical grip was designed as a replacement hand grip/battery holder with a shutter button on it, it would not increase the weight significantly… but it would be better if it incorporated a balance slider so that you could get the centre of gravity of the camera over you hand for one hand operation.
Any grip should ideally be designed so that you can use the camera horizontally in between vertical shots.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Toto

What about Hasselblad
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:31 pm »

I write all this to counter so many people's assertions here that "MF is better than Canon". Yes, in some circumstances, it is, if you're on a tripod, or if you've got 2400 W/S of Profoto behind you, in a dark studio. But if you think you can just grab that H2, throw it over your shoulder, and walk around handheld and shoot at 1/60th or 1/125th handheld in available light, you'll find that you have 31 or 39 or 50MP of glorious, blurred megapixels. Whereas with the Canon or Nikon or other CMOS camera, the ASAs are vastly different, the lenses are faster, and the mirror is smaller. And with low ASAs of a CCD camera, and slow lenses, there are many occasions when your meter tells you to shoot at 60th or 125th (or slower). So to that Hasselblad accessories page, I'd add a new flash, but also a new Carbon Fiber Tripod, 'cause you're going to need it, if you want sharp megapixels.

Hello everybody !

that's funny, I've just come back from Death Valley ( and from Yosemite) where I met the podas group (a group with girls .. hmm models ...lol) and Michael Reichman. As I'm just a photographer with an H3D31, I didn't mix in hostile territory (joke, yes, Michael, I was the guy next to you at breakfast the last morning). I do photography alone and those workshops are not for me.

Just to say, I was wondering all those days : "but for what reason all those guys, specially those with Nikon/Canon cameras are shooting with tripods ?". At night, ok ! But, in the middle of Death Valley with lot light available, I don't see the reason why. I do landscape photography, and at the best, I use a monopod, but no tripod. All my photos are hand held and they are all sharp !

At Yosemite, at 9 am, you have a photographic tour (1hour !) from the Ansel Adams Gallery. I met the group at the lower Falls, everybody with a tripod (ouuuuh too funny) and I can tell, I was the only one with my Hasselblad without a tripod

I read  here someone also saying that the rich people are the market of podas and that they are very demanding in hardware but that they have no artistic needs. That's nonsense, who can tell for everybody artistic needs ? We can see here a lot of good photographs from professional photographers, but very few with artistic quality. A girl (sorry, a model) with a strong flash in the face, a beautiful haircut and a makeup that looks like a plastic doll is not what I call "artistic photography". Just modeling and commercial photography.

My conclusion ?

"please, speak from your experiences, not from prejudices !"

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
What about Hasselblad
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2009, 07:30:00 pm »

Maybe enough actual *customers* of Hasselblad have spoken by now, so that they will get a vertical grip?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
What about Hasselblad
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »

Quote from: eronald
Maybe enough actual *customers* of Hasselblad have spoken by now, so that they will get a vertical grip?

Edmund

We would buy two of those, too!

Cheers, Ulf

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
What about Hasselblad
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2009, 10:01:10 pm »

Mr David Grover:

Can you advise? Metz website shows four flash units compatible with H2. I want the Meat Tenderizer design, with the handle and the whacker. B&H lists these two. Can you advise which is most compatible, easier to use, with H2? Thank you.

Metz 76 MZ-5:   http://tinyurl.com/yj58jwo

Metz 45 CL-4    http://tinyurl.com/yl23wnq

They also list some of these as "Basic Kit" and others as "Digital Kit". Is there a YouTube video anywhere that shows how to hook up one of these Metzes to my H2?

LOL, the "meat tenderizer", that one was worth the visit today  I will never be able to look at that flash again without chuckling...

You can also use the SCA 3008 extender to place the flash 4 feet away (or use PW for longer)

John
hotwire-digital.com
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up