honestly the battery felt like it can snap right off (has actually happened to me with the 55-110)
Even low end DSLR's ship with optional vertical grips, why is this so impossible for Hasselblad?
I love this picture, in so many ways. I want to take it, and open it in Photoshop, and add Canvas, with a bunch of white around your head, and then take a bunch of those Cartoon Bubbles, and paste them in above your head. These would be all the thoughts that are coming out of your brain, simultaneously, while you're shooting that job.
(And for the record, I was shooting a studio job once, too, with the H1, and literally had the Grip break off in my hand too. Somehow we got it back on, and the camera kept going, but i've been scared of that grip ever since.)
These would be the Cartoon Bubbles of your thoughts, in any given moment:
1. "Wow, this feels like the old Modern Detective magazine, where they put the black bar over the eyes, to conceal their identity. Great design, Pocket Wizard!" (Or did Pocket Wizard and Hasselblad design it this way on purpose, in order to keep your attention on the viewfinder image?)
2. "My left arm hurts."
3. "I'm trying to keep the horizon level, but I've got my left arm sorta against my chest, and trying to keep my elbow against my chest, in order to get a break from the weight, but I've got my right hand on the Grip, but I need to change Fstop by a half-stop, but when I take my Right Thumb from where it is, and try to move that Wheel, I get a CharleyHorse".
4. "I'm hungry. Are there bagels here?"
5. LeftBrain: "What is it, f8, or fFive Six and a half...? Can somebody take a Reading?" Right Brain: "How is the light, is it too centered, is it too boring, should I roll the keylight stand over to the right, to give it more Shadow?"
6. "Damn, did I just break off the PocketWizard with my forehead?"
7. "Wow my left arm REALLY hurts now. What time is it?"
8. "If we're shooting strobe, why didn't somebody put some foamcore up in those window to black them out. My LeftBrain is getting fooled."
9. "Where is the client?"
10. "Man, it sure would be nice to have a Vertical Grip for this camera, so I could just stand normally, in a vertical position, and rest both arms against my chest, like they taught me in school, even though I'm shooting strobe, but where I wouldn't have a CharleyHorse by the third shot. Does anybody have the name of a good Chiropractor?"
11. "How much glass do they really NEED to put into a 50-110 anyway? Seriously".
12. "God, I hope I get paid on this gig. At least we billed the TREC rental direct".
13. "How come it's easier for the Talent to see what fstop I'm on, than me?"
14. "I know I told that model that I was that guy on Entourage on HBO, but the way she's looking at me, I'm not sure she's buying it. What's that that just fell out of her nose?".
15. "Did the front element just fall out of my lens? What's that on the floor?"
16. "God, I'm glad I sold them on shooting this job with Strobe. Can you imagine trying to hold this camera all day long, in this position, shooting window light, at 1/60th...?"