Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad battery trouble  (Read 3993 times)

plusminusgurkan

Hasselblad battery trouble
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:45:40 am »

I'm having some problems with a few batteries for an H3D-31. Even when they are fully charged (at least according to the indicator on the charger), the camera shows between 0% and 10% charge. Obviously the batteries are at least to some extent charged, I filled up two 4gb memory cards the other day, using a battery that showed 0%, I don't believe this would have been possible under ordinary circumstances. So they seem to be working fine, but as I am sure you can imagine it is quite annoying never knowing if your batteries are charged or not.
So I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, or if someone has an idea about what might be causing this...

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
Hasselblad battery trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:33:48 am »

Quote from: plusminusgurkan
I'm having some problems with a few batteries for an H3D-31. Even when they are fully charged (at least according to the indicator on the charger), the camera shows between 0% and 10% charge. Obviously the batteries are at least to some extent charged, I filled up two 4gb memory cards the other day, using a battery that showed 0%, I don't believe this would have been possible under ordinary circumstances. So they seem to be working fine, but as I am sure you can imagine it is quite annoying never knowing if your batteries are charged or not.
So I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, or if someone has an idea about what might be causing this...

This was written by Paul Claesson in the Hasselblad Forum:

It may be the 7.2v battery needs to be reset, follow the procedure below.
This will reset the status of the battery monitoring chip (ICA) in the pack to “fully charged”

1. Charge the battery to full capacity (charge between 4-12 hours)
2. Remove the 7.2v Lithium Ion battery, press the red ON/OFF button on the H camera 5 or 6 times to totally discharge all voltage in the camera.
3. While pressing the "Menu" and the "Flash" button at the same time, attach the battery to the camera. If you hear a beeping sound, the re-programming of the battery is successful, otherwise repeat steps 3-4 until the sound is heard.
4. Camera and battery is now ready for use.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up