Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Photoshop CS4 Capture Sharpening Panel  (Read 14318 times)

DesW

New Photoshop CS4 Capture Sharpening Panel
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 10:01:35 pm »

Quote from: paulbk
A man offers free stuff and it causes a flap. Boggles. He does not hound, belittle, or coerce  you into using his free stuff. He simply makes the offer and invites you to try. And he does it in one post.

Donation buttons and advert links are everywhere. Including some of the best photography sites on the web. So what? (Thinking of The Online Photographer -- which btw is exceptional!) It's a small price to pay for free stuff. Especially when the free stuff is relevant, current, useful, and entertaining.

Me thinks there's more personal politics to this thread than photography.

Hi, Perfectly reasonable reply--unlike some of the vitriol above-- you're right some other agenda MAY be evident--reading between the lines.

DesW

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:56 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
... Seriously, Mark, let me apologize in advance for some of the more ignorant (and totally ill informed) responses you've gotten in this thread...
Ooops... sorry... my bad... I didn't realize I will be caught in the crossfire of a turf war.

bjanes

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 07:32:02 am »

Quote from: paulbk
Me thinks there's more personal politics to this thread than photography.
Paul, you are perceptive. There is a longstanding animosity between the PixelGenius principals and gmitchel, as a Google search will demonstrate:

DPReview Thread

Another thread

Perhaps gmitchel is thin skinned or maybe the PixelGenius crew are arrogant. At any rate, it appears that gmitchel's sharpening workflow is reverse engineered from PhotoKit Sharpener, even to the point of copying the terminology. Let the readers decide.

Bill

sniper

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:34 pm »

Quote from: bjanes
Paul, you are perceptive. There is a longstanding animosity between the PixelGenius principals and gmitchel, as a Google search will demonstrate:

DPReview Thread

Another thread

Perhaps gmitchel is thin skinned or maybe the PixelGenius crew are arrogant. At any rate, it appears that gmitchel's sharpening workflow is reverse engineered from PhotoKit Sharpener, even to the point of copying the terminology. Let the readers decide.

Bill

Interesting, TLR sharpner free, PhotoKit $99.

ablankertz

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 09:08:19 pm »

Yeah, you ain't supposed to....

You have a guy who posts only to promote his own web site

You decide...

A website where he he gives almost everything away for free, and where he will give away the paid content if you ask. A website run by a nice guy who is not biased (consciously or not) towards Adobe, someone whose livelihood does not not depend on being part of the Photoshop establishment.

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »

Folks, just to be PERFECTLY clear about this issue...

"MarkDS" is a regular and consistant (and useful) contributor to this forum in terms of "useful" forum posts as well as "free" articles posted on and hosted by Michael here on LuLa...

To compare and contrast, simply look at the total accumulated useful posts make by the member named "gmitchel" and compare that to the number of useful posts made by the member named "MarkDS".
Folks, just to be PERFECTLY clear NOBODY needs to compare or contrast the two. Both are valued members in my opinion. MarkDS's considerable contributions do not diminish what Mitch provides (for free) to the community. Mr. Schewe, why are we being asked to take sides? Lula isn’t big enough for all of us? I can't see why you need to build one up in a transparent attempt to tear the other down - other than the fact one seems to offer a product for free that seems to be in direct competition to one that you sell commercially.

I encourage other members to thank BOTH Mark and Mitch for their fine contributions to the digital community. And I thank YOU Mr. Schewe for your innumerable fine contributions as well. Without you I’d have never been steered towards Mr. Fraser’s writings/findings on sharpening. Mitch’s site helps me quickly generate edge masks for sharpening.

I encourage all to visit Mitch's site – he’s got a lot of FREE downloadable actions, scripts and presets that are time savers (and money savers). And NO salesmen will call. NO obtrusive banners extolling the benefits of donating will appear. No spam will appear in mailboxes.

All I'm saying, is determine the relative involvement with THIS particular community and make you OWN decision...

Pretty easy to decide.

You have a guy who posts only to promote his own web site and a guy who doesn't...

You decide...
To what end? Why do we need to take sides, why do we need to decide who is the bigger contributor to this community? Can't I value Mark's contributions and still download Mitch's wonderful free scripts, presets and actions?

NathanSoliz

• http://www.TakebyNate.com
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 04:36:39 pm »

Wonderful panel!
This added to the Zero Noise and I'm a happy hobbyist photographer

Thank you, Thank you.

gmitchel

• http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »

Quote from: NathanSoliz
Wonderful panel!
This added to the Zero Noise and I'm a happy hobbyist photographer

Thank you, Thank you.

I'm pleased you and others find the panel to be helpful. That's my project.

No one needs to choose sides. Not from my perspective, anyway. I find the interpersonal nastiness on this thread to be in poor form. It does not contribute to people using this tool (or any other tool) to sharpen their photos.

I am glad to answer any questions about the tool. I welcome any constructive suggestions, too. I want the tool to be useful. Producing these tools and giving them freely helps to heal my soul.

Cheers,

Mitch
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:40:24 pm by gmitchel »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up