Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy Compact Flash to Compact Flash?  (Read 1401 times)

mcmorrison

Copy Compact Flash to Compact Flash?
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:52:06 pm »

Hello,

In looking for data backup solutions in remote settings, I have wondered if there is a simple device, or technique, to copy the contents of one CF card to another? I imagine copying images from 4GB CF cards to a larger 64 GB card as a backup, keeping the images on the 4GB cards, and keeping the 64 GB card separate. If possible, this seems like it could be a light, low-power solution for remote settings that would be better than lugging a power-hungry stand alone disk drive. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Michael Morrison

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »

Not sure if such a product exists, but a Hyperdrive can copy tens of gigs on one charge, and is a bit bigger than a deck of cards - though heavier.

mcmorrison

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 07:42:13 pm »

Hello Feppe,

Thanks!

I have thought of the Hyperdrive, and may have to go that way. You are right, they are small, with large capacity. They can be charged from 12 VDC, which is good for solar power charging. They are rated to go to 3,000 meters, and I anticipate needing backup as high as 5,000 meters. Do you suppose they will operate well at this altitude? Or is their spec a real number?

I still think it would be great to be able to simply copy to another CF card. . .

Best,

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up