Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 and Pictorico PPF 150 Pro High Gloss Film  (Read 3885 times)

Tom H.

Epson 3880 and Pictorico PPF 150 Pro High Gloss Film
« on: November 01, 2009, 10:30:02 am »

While Cibachromes were not everyone's cup of tea; for shear dramatic sharpness, saturation and contrast, they made an impression.

I used the canned Epson glossy profile as there are no profiles from the manufacturer yet, it worked GREAT.

Only down side is that there is no sheet product available in 17" width, you have to cut roll.

I used the 13" wide sheet with images from a 5D MkII.

Coming from an old 2200, must say first day with this unit was a good one!

PS: is it possible that the ink jet technology has a wider dynamic range (gamut?) than the original Cibachrome (Ilfochrome), or is my memory just bad?

Peter Mellis

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:46 am »

I got curious about this after reading your post and Goggle'd it. There is an article on LL from 2000 regarding this paper (for whatever it is now worth): http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/...l_digital.shtml. How does your experience stack up against the comments in the article?

Deepsouth

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:23:12 pm »

Quote from: PeterAM
I got curious about this after reading your post and Goggle'd it. There is an article on LL from 2000 regarding this paper (for whatever it is now worth): http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/...l_digital.shtml. How does your experience stack up against the comments in the article?

I am piping up because I have used this media for years on both dye and pigment printers with great results. My experience has been that it has had no appreciable fading on prints over 6 years old _under glass_.  They also make some other interesting media. I especially like Pictorico Pro Gallery for landscapes, still lifes, etc. For portraits I'd probably go with Harman Bartya lustre since it has a lot of the charcteristics of traditional RC paper for silver-based photography.

Tom H.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:34:42 pm »

Quote from: PeterAM

I can not speak to its longevity, I can not however that the review you are referring to is for the MUCH older and now discontinued Pictorico PGHG White Film.

The new product is supposed to be better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up