Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colormunki crashes mid calibration on windows 7  (Read 6206 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Colormunki crashes mid calibration on windows 7
« on: October 30, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »

Anyone else having problems with the munki and windows 7 64bit?  I'm starting to regret the money spent on this piece of kit.

Problems:

Doing an advanced caibraition of a LCD, the program hangs at the contrast test step. I've followed the instructions to turn off areo and such to no avail.  The crash usually happens when the program asks me to turn ther contrast up to 100 percent but not always.

Following one of these crashes the program will simply failt to respond unless the computer is restarted.  In addition to the restart I must remove the x-rite linear profile in the color management section of control panel.

If I select no contrast djust metn availabe SOMETIMES the program will not crash and allow me ot move forword, but the last time I ran it I got to about the middle of the  colors testing before it crashed.

I'm not very happy.

This an older system:

dual core D820
4 gigs of ram
ATI 4350 1 gig video card.
Most recent drivers
clean install of win7

Craig Lamson Photo

CynthiaM

• http://www.cynthiamerzerphotography.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:32:50 am »

You may need to wait for the drivers to be updated:
xrite
The colormunki is listed as a product with a known compatibility issue.
Cynthia Merzer
[url=http://www.cynthiame

BruceHouston

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:34 am »

Quote from: infocusinc
Anyone else having problems with the munki and windows 7 64bit?  I'm starting to regret the money spent on this piece of kit.

Problems:

Doing an advanced caibraition of a LCD, the program hangs at the contrast test step. I've followed the instructions to turn off areo and such to no avail.  The crash usually happens when the program asks me to turn ther contrast up to 100 percent but not always.

Following one of these crashes the program will simply failt to respond unless the computer is restarted.  In addition to the restart I must remove the x-rite linear profile in the color management section of control panel.

If I select no contrast djust metn availabe SOMETIMES the program will not crash and allow me ot move forword, but the last time I ran it I got to about the middle of the  colors testing before it crashed.

I'm not very happy.

This an older system:

dual core D820
4 gigs of ram
ATI 4350 1 gig video card.
Most recent drivers
clean install of win7

Same exact symptoms here with a Dell D620 under Win7 64-bit.  Colormunki was purchased from Amazon just a few days ago and software 1.1.1 (released early November 2009) is installed.  However, it appears that the driver shipped with this latest version is old (as in designed for Vista).  It definitely appears to be a driver problem, as the Munki loses USB communications.  I discovered that a reboot is not necessary, however.  Just restart the two Colormunki services.

That said, I am very pleased with the results of my first spectro foray and do not regret the purchase at all.  From the forums it appears that this is not a product to have been an early adopter for.  The Munki appears to be coming along, though.  The early problems do not surprise me in that this is a ground-breaking device from a cost/performance standpoint ($300 from Amazon with the recent $50 rebate).  This reminds me of the SSD evolution.  Early adopters of newer technology tend to pay a premium in more ways than one.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:13:12 am by BruceHouston »

jpegman

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:44:47 am »

Quote from: CynthiaM
You may need to wait for the drivers to be updated:
xrite
The colormunki is listed as a product with a known compatibility issue.

The XRite page says that the current version 1.1.1 has no know problems with Win 7 32 and 64 bit. I would suggest you contact Xrite if a problem does exist on some hardware, so they can update their drivers, as needed.

Jpegman
Pages: [1]   Go Up