Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 Cameras, One Sensor, Which To Buy?  (Read 2028 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
5 Cameras, One Sensor, Which To Buy?
« on: January 24, 2005, 01:53:19 am »

Michael has reviewed them all right here on this site. Acquaint yourself with the site search, and you'll find a considerable amount of information.

BobMcCarthy

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 01:12:42 pm »

sorry for dup. can one remove a post when this happens.

xbnmx

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 09:41:25 pm »

I am wanting to purchase a camera witht he Sony 8 megapixel sensor, but I am not sure which one to get. The contenders are:
-Sony F828
-Olympus C-8080
-Canon Pro 1
-Nikon 8700
-Konica Minolta A2
Initially, it seems that with it's fast lense, night shot, and 640x480 video mode the Sony is the most feature packed, but the Konica has that nice all mechanical lense, and the Nikon a more telescoping lense. What do you think?

BobMcCarthy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 01:12:16 pm »

The list is already changed. I wasn't impressed with the Nikon 8700 but since the review, Nikon introduced a VR version of the camera (8800) with some other improvements. The VR works pretty well in this instance. Since these cameras are almost always used handheld, I found this a useful feature.

bob

BJL

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:21:53 pm »

There was also a compete suite of 8MP digicam reviews by Phil Askey at DPreview. Michael and Phil seem to have very different priorities, and certainly came to very different relative rankings of the options, above all the Olympus 8080. So I highly recommend reading the core facts reported in multiple reviews and trying to come to your own conclusions.

P. S. It seems that the newer Sony 7MP 1/1.8" sensor shows some distinct improvements over the 8MP 2/3" format one despite its smaller pixels, so you might even want to consider some cameras using it as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up