Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 Profile for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk  (Read 21569 times)

MHMG

Epson 3880 Profile for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:21 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
For ProfileMaker Pro version 5.1.0 (and for all I know, earlier EULA could be different):

Andrew, after reading the EULA info in your quote, I must say, it left me wondering about how remote softproofing squares up with the restrictions. Say a printmaker builds a profile for his/her printer and then gives to clients so that they can edit their images remotely for FTP upload to that printer.  Do the remote site clients really have to send in their images first, so that the files get tagged then sent back before editing/softproofing?  That's kind of what it sounds like to me the way it is written.  Sure easier if a print shop can just let clients have access to those printer-specific profiles given that they are in fact purpose-built for the printmaker's output devices.  Of course, with some output devices such a purpose-built profile might very well serve as a good generic profile that could be bootlegged, but that really would be an unintended consequence.  In any case, one can always unembed a profile from an image, so as worded there seems to be no ironclad purpose in the image tagging requirement.  Am I missing something here?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 06:00:09 pm »

Quote from: MHMG
Andrew, after reading the EULA info in your quote, I must say, it left me wondering about how remote softproofing squares up with the restrictions. Say a printmaker builds a profile for his/her printer and then gives to clients so that they can edit their images remotely for FTP upload to that printer.  Do the remote site clients really have to send in their images first, so that the files get tagged then sent back before editing/softproofing?

In this example, its one device at one location which is fine. I don’t even play a lawyer on TV but if I’m reading this correctly, the example you site would be fine. Even if the shop had a half dozen such devices and one averaged the data for a single profile, I suspect that’s fine for soft proofing and conversion.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

dimapant

• NITAL - nikonphotographer
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 06:19:06 am »

In this example, its one device at one location which is fine. I don’t even play a lawyer on TV but if I’m reading this correctly, the example you site would be fine. Even if the shop had a half dozen such devices and one averaged the data for a single profile, I suspect that’s fine for soft proofing and conversion.

I just received the following message from Ilford, confirming the availability of the new profile
"Dear customers

We have finally received the longly awaited Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer two days ago and Profiling Center immediately began to create the requested profiles.
We are very pleased to announce that the ICC profiles are now available on our webpage!

We wish you a lot of nice prints, merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!

Kind regards

ILFORD Imaging Switzerland GmbH
Technical websupport "

Enjoy printing and best whishes for a Merry Christmas and prosperous 2010

Alessandro from Lucca, Italy

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »

I hope you know that unless someone from say Illford built this profile after licensing it from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite), that is, if you built this profile yourself, it is against the licensing agreement of the software to give away the profile.

So? Use Argyll to build the profile, it is freeware, and quite decent for RGB work.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

PhotoBoy

• Fine Art Photography by Oliver Kuhnle
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 02:12:41 pm »

hi folks,

beside the profile, which paper setting do you use on the 3880 with the IGFS? Do you vary the color density setting for example?
Background of my question are pretty ugly strips in my print. I do use the standard setting of the Premium Semigloss Photo Paper pre sets and adjust them in the platen gaps (wider) Do you use any further settings?

Do you also have thin lines in your prints on IGFS?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up