Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Economy Grow  (Read 5996 times)

JoeKitchen

US Economy Grow
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 07:21:39 pm »

It is too easy to play the blame game and throw a pity party for one's self; not a good idea though.  Forbes (I think) a while back did a study of the most successful persons in business and they all had a few things in common.  They never got too angry and always tried to remain positive.  They also did not blame and wait for someone else to fix the problem.  We are in a mess, but if you recognize all of the possibilities that are out (and recessions are historically ladened with opportunities), you should be able to capitalize on them and reap the benefits later on, you just need the patience to wait.  

Insofar as who is responsible, lets just say that us capitalist did not force anyone to buy derivatives of mortgage backed securities and we certainly did not make them break the golden rule of investing, never put all of your assets into one or even just a hand fill of investments.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:47:19 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Harold Clark

US Economy Grow
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:18 pm »

Quote from: Kirk Gittings
Yes but what you and I do is allot more than just "getting the shot". Its true that almost any idiot with the bucks can now get a decent exposure, but that was never the key to professional success. Like you, one needs to have an eye, design sense, visual talent, creativity to be successful. That will never change and will always be worth a premium. My business since digital, in the face of massive entry level competition, boomed, because at the same time I took a leap in creativity  and got more productive with digital.

This is very true. I own a drill, but would never consider myself a dentist. An illiterate with a typewriter will never become a great writer because they have acquired a computer, and the finest piano in the world will be wasted on someone who is tone deaf. I think the problem with the industry is a reflection of contemporary society, where the emphasis is on quantity over quality. Fortunately there are still clients who appreciate quality, these are the ones to be sought out. Let's not forget that digital technology has benefits for the pro photographer as well, freeing us from some of the technical limitations that restricted us with film.

Jeremy Payne

US Economy Grow
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:21 am »

Quote from: Jozef Zajaz
blue eyed americans

Just the blue-eyed ones?  Huh.  That's a very interesting theory.

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
US Economy Grow
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 10:29:35 am »

The reason why I think this recession has come to stay for a long time is because most countries of the world have economies that expect some kind of growth every year. The assumption that growth can be perpetual is the big flaw. The planet has FINITE resources and that is it. Those are the hard limits. There is nothing that can be done about it. Some day a finite resource will be finished. There is no other way around it. Economists I believe have mistaken wealth with money, hence the huge debt the world has. There is not enough wealth to be cashed for the money in debt. Either the world currency is revaluated to what it really is worth, probably a lot less than it is right now and become way poorer than what we are and live with a lot less, or we import goods and commodities very cheaply from Mars.

It is a linear equation of thought in a universe that has proven itself to be cyclical.

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
US Economy Grow
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 10:44:36 am »

Quote from: Jozef Zajaz
We will hopefully se the light in the end of the tunnel soon.

Though we would'nt be in this "crisis" or recession if it wasn't because of blue eyed americans. No other country in the world would have allowed this. Every sane person would understand that loaning money costs money and eventually it has to be paid. And the system with foreclosure is crazy. Here in Sweden you don't just put your house up as security but also yourself. If your house gets "foreclosure" you won't be able to get any kind of loan in a couple of years. But before that the bank takes everything you own, including your salary before you even can withdraw it out of your account.

USA should be paying all other countrys for creating this worldwide financial crisis.

USA should pay for trying to to keep others country free? Wow

I can smell WW 3

BTW to bad the MF is been use for this, should be in posted on http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=33
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Jeremy Payne

US Economy Grow
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 10:54:19 am »

Once Europe pays up for the Cold War and the Marshall Plan, we can talk about what the US owes Europe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up