Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF6200  (Read 1461 times)

Kevin Gallagher

iPF6200
« on: October 28, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »

I've got a chance to pickup a demo 6200 from a local dealer but I'm wondering if there is a way to tell how many  (approx.) of the nozzles have been remapped. I understand about the consumable printheads and wonder if there is a way to see how much is left on them. A look at the manual only showed a software indicator of the waste tank level, didn't see any mention of the remapped nozzles.

Thanks, Kevin
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Pete Berry

iPF6200
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:13:03 pm »

An index of printer usage can be found in the GARO Status Monitor information page, listing the total sq ft printed. As a demo, probably not more than 100 sq ft or so I would think. The newer PF-3 heads in the X100-x200 printers seem to be more durable than the original PF-1's in the 5000, and the nozzles are Teflon coated.

I know of no way to get to the number of nozzles remapped, but it may be available through the Service Mode. The Canon Large Format Printer Wiki forum may help you here through a link to accessing that mode, where, among other things, the numbers of the various cleaning cycles run can be found:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Service+Mode

Pete

Quote from: Kevin Gallagher
I've got a chance to pickup a demo 6200 from a local dealer but I'm wondering if there is a way to tell how many  (approx.) of the nozzles have been remapped. I understand about the consumable printheads and wonder if there is a way to see how much is left on them. A look at the manual only showed a software indicator of the waste tank level, didn't see any mention of the remapped nozzles.

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin Gallagher

iPF6200
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:38 am »

Quote from: Pete Berry
An index of printer usage can be found in the GARO Status Monitor information page, listing the total sq ft printed. As a demo, probably not more than 100 sq ft or so I would think. The newer PF-3 heads in the X100-x200 printers seem to be more durable than the original PF-1's in the 5000, and the nozzles are Teflon coated.

I know of no way to get to the number of nozzles remapped, but it may be available through the Service Mode. The Canon Large Format Printer Wiki forum may help you here through a link to accessing that mode, where, among other things, the numbers of the various cleaning cycles run can be found:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Service+Mode

Pete

Thanks Pete, the total printed should tell the tale    The WIKI link looks interesting as well.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up