Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Thing when using Smart Object  (Read 1069 times)

Etienne Cassar

Strange Thing when using Smart Object
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:36:30 pm »

Has anyone had problems when printing images that have been opened up in photoshop from camera Raw as smart objects.  It already happened twice to me and in both occasions I followed the same workflow.  I open a picture from Camera Raw as smart object.  I duplicate the layer using New Smart Object via Copy command.  I then edit this second layer in camera raw and then use a mask to selectively mask areas of this second layer.  Then I flatten the image, carry on soft proofing, sharpen for output using the photokit sharpener plugin and print on my Canon iPF5100 using the print plugin only to get a print that is completely dark.
The only way to get a good print is to open a new windows in Photoshop, and transfer the flattened image to the new window.  The resulting print will come out perfect.  
Has anyone experienced this before?  Any idea of what is the cause for this behaviour.  
I also noticed that I won't be able to run Photokit Capture sharpening when I am using smart object, even if I rasterize the smart object.  Is this normal?

Thanks

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up