Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: New CO 5 release! Lots of attractive innovations  (Read 20476 times)

emcphoto

New CO 5 release! Lots of attractive innovations
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
yes, that's how I am working. I don't like the stars rating, I only use 1-3 color tags. The sessions always open in the last saved state... either way name or color tag. Even if I open a session sorted by color tag then switch to sort by name and then switch to a session that was stored as sorted by color tag it will open sorted by color tag.
I'm not quite sure about my Macbook but 100% about my Mac pro.

I was curious so i completely uninstalled V5, reinstalled and tried it again.  Same thing.  I logged in to my blank test user account, ran V5 same thing.  Computer is less than a week old.  I'm not talking about opening a session and looking for it to be sorted the same way, I am browsing around folders in the same session, like in shot1 - edit by colortag, sort by colortag, go to shot2, then go back to shot1 - its sorted by name.  baffled as to why it would resort everytime you opened a folder inside the same session.  V3 would keep your folder settings where they were until you changed them.

tho_mas

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:47 pm »

Quote from: emcphoto
I am browsing around folders in the same session
okay, I thought you are referring to the order of session 1 (sorted by color tag) than you switch to session 2 (not to folder 2) and when you switch back to session 1 it is sorted by name.
Well, even this is working correct here... swichting between folders within the same session; one is sorted by color tag the other by name. They re-open with the respective settings.
Have you cleard the preference files prior to reinstall?
Your new Mac is running which OS?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:01:09 pm by tho_mas »

aaanorton

• http://
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »

I see alot of major problems were addressed in V5, basically a really nice V4.9

Exactly.

I'm noticing a few bugs, but this seems like a real replacement for v3.x.

It's nice to see QuickProofs are back, but the processing pane reports their estimated size incorrectly. Wasn't this an existing v3.x bug? The processing summary says the resulting file size will be ~12 MB from 1DsII files when they actually end up being < 1 MB.

Tabbing through editable fields in the Details pane is partially broken. I can't tab from sharpening amount to radius, for example.

I've seen erratic behaviour in the processing queue. Sometimes when I have more than 100 files in my queue I have difficulties deleting all of them. If I select all of them (command + a) delete will not do anything. The work around is to shift-select a range of images, leaving at least one image unselected, and delete those. Then deleting the last file works properly. Occassionally I'll need to relaunch the app to delete the full queue.

And finally, I've noticed a few times where when switching to different folders in the Library, the browser reports "No collection selected". Switching to any other folder reports the same message. All folders seem empty. Relaunching app is required to fix this situation.

These last two bugs don't happen often, but when they do it's a pain.

Thanks.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »

I was curious so i completely uninstalled V5, reinstalled and tried it again.  Same thing.  I logged in to my blank test user account, ran V5 same thing.  Computer is less than a week old.  I'm not talking about opening a session and looking for it to be sorted the same way, I am browsing around folders in the same session, like in shot1 - edit by colortag, sort by colortag, go to shot2, then go back to shot1 - its sorted by name.  baffled as to why it would resort everytime you opened a folder inside the same session.  V3 would keep your folder settings where they were until you changed them.

Not happening to me.  Remembers the sort order moving between folders, and when quitting and restarting.   Doesn't reset to names.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2009, 04:38:07 am »

Went to L&P workshop for C1 5.0. For us the things that really stand out are: focus check & water marking. Bought the upgrade.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Snook

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 06:32:03 pm »

WEB CONTACT sheets are blurry and the jpegs porduced or all out of focus...
A Bug that should be fixed hopefully in next update as it is NOT good!!!
Anybody else notice this??
Snook

emcphoto

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2009, 09:19:17 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Not happening to me.  Remembers the sort order moving between folders, and when quitting and restarting.   Doesn't reset to names.

Doug at Capture Integration set me straight - I wasn't using favorites.  V5 will remember your settings if you designate the folders as favorites.  I think if i set a folder as a capture folder during a tethered session it should remember my settings - ratings, sort order, etc. w/o having to designate a favorite.  That's what I would have it do if I was designing software.  But you can't have it all.

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »

To the Phase One guys : when is the Moire tool going to be improved so that I don't need to resort to layering in Photoshop to paint in the moire removal and avoid having unwanted colour bleed in parts of the image without moire?  v3.7 allowed masking and previewing.

Tony May

Snook

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2009, 06:10:52 pm »

Quote from: Snook
WEB CONTACT sheets are blurry and the jpegs porduced or all out of focus...
A Bug that should be fixed hopefully in next update as it is NOT good!!!
Anybody else notice this??
Snook

Anybody else notice the Web Contact sheet images being blurry or am I the only one.. Sure would be nice to know It is not just me..
Thanks
Snook

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2009, 01:58:23 am »

Anybody else notice the Web Contact sheet images being blurry or am I the only one.. Sure would be nice to know It is not just me..
Thanks
Snook

They look ok to me
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ctz

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 02:59:47 am »

Thanks
Snook

No, I didn't notice.
But if you try to (heavily) crop the images then you might see some very blurry pictures, indeed. At least, in the old CO4 that was happening when you cropped.

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2009, 06:49:46 am »

Thanks
Snook

Just checked. Look fine to me
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net

tho_mas

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 07:07:31 am »

Quote from: R_Medvid
Just checked. Look fine to me
to me, too.
In addition quick proof is back.... so you don't have to create a web sheet anymore just to pick the JPGs from the folder.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 09:26:53 am »

Thanks
Snook

The largest size "preview" that will look good in the Web Contact Sheet is the size of the Preview which you set in Preferences prior to a particular image being imported or captured.

So if your preference for Preview Size is set to 1000px and you make a Web Contact Sheet with Previews of 2000px then it won't look very sharp. If you later change the preference you'd need to go in and manually delete the previews to force them to generate at the new size - or just close C1 and move the files so the preview/settings are reset.

Otherwise I think Web Contact Sheet is looking very good.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:27:15 am by dougpetersonci »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up