Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New CO 5 release! Lots of attractive innovations  (Read 20472 times)

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
New CO 5 release! Lots of attractive innovations
« on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:41 am »

Eager to try and see...
Especially this Focus Area Locator Mask - sounds really helping
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:13:12 am »

Quote from: R_Medvid
Eager to try and see...
Especially this Focus Area Locator Mask - sounds really helping
Quickly tried on my MacBook Pro 2.8G with 4GB RAM, process the file I took last week with P65+, regardless of how many new features added, it is not as stable as the last one at least what I am using it, the software accidentally quit several times. I am not sure if it is the most robust version yet, although I am also certain Phase One will address it quickly.  I have yet install the new verison on my station yet, just quickly try on the MacBook pro.

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:33:41 am »

Make sure you uninstall the previous versions before updating. I had some crashes until I ran my uninstall app but stable since.
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

tho_mas

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:05:19 am »

Quote from: Rick_Allen
Make sure you uninstall the previous versions before updating. I had some crashes until I ran my uninstall app but stable since.
yes, clean reinstall is recommended. However I'd keep the V4 app (just rename it to Capture One V4...) but of course delete all preference and *.cop files as well. Settings for NR, sharpening etc. should work fine however I'd recreate them as well as the keyboard shortcuts and especially the workspaces.

julius0377

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:24:23 am »

If someone really, really feels like it, I need to be spoon fed this type of thing... Exactly what files at what harddrive paths need to be deleted?

tho_mas

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:33:14 am »

Quote from: julius0377
If someone really, really feels like it, I need to be spoon fed this type of thing... Exactly what files at what harddrive paths need to be deleted?
http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/11/...e-one-4-on-mac/

julius0377

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:20:14 am »

narikin

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:29:35 am »

any windows users out there found it installs cleanly?
need to uninstall 4.8 too?

waiting for confirmation that its stable before I move ahead.

Snook

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:58:30 am »

Does anybody know if C-1 5.0 is "free" to us Phase One back users as usual in DB mode and if so are there any limitations as to the number of images that can be batched or any other limitations when using it in the DB mode?
I use just my P30 for the last 7-8 months and jobs with the canon are usually for clients/catalogue that I just give them the raws.
I have not been converting any Cr2 files in a while and mainly shoot tethered in studio to C-1 4.8.2, never went to 4.8.3 as 4.8.2 works fine for me.

I guess Doug may pop in here an answer my question hopefully if no one else does.

Thanks for any further information
and maybe people could start posting new features and wether they are good or working properly or not...:+]

Snook

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 11:01:43 am »

Quote from: Snook
Does anybody know if C-1 5.0 is "free" to us Phase One back users as usual in DB mode and if so are there any limitations as to the number of images that can be batched or any other limitations when using it in the DB mode?
I use just my P30 for the last 7-8 months and jobs with the canon are usually for clients/catalogue that I just give them the raws.
I have not been converting any Cr2 files in a while and mainly shoot tethered in studio to C-1 4.8.2, never went to 4.8.3 as 4.8.2 works fine for me.

I guess Doug may pop in here an answer my question hopefully if no one else does.

and maybe people could start posting new features and wether they are good or working properly or not...:+]

Snook
Yes, I beleived so. I use it on the DB activation and works fine.

selsoe

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:04:35 am »

Quote from: Snook

Snook

It is free in DB mode. Only limitation is that it doesn't support DSLR images and product registration doesn't work either (update notifications on DB firmware upgrades etc).

Snook

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 11:15:41 am »

Quote from: Khun_K
Yes, I beleived so. I use it on the DB activation and works fine.

Thank Khun..
I noticed you said it was buggy/crashed, but did you un-install everything like they said to do?
Thanks for your information..

Snook

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 11:44:30 am »

As usual, we are not recommending that anyone install this DAY ONE release on a critical computer or use for any critical job.

We have been working with the beta version up until now and are not prepared to advocate the release yet for prime time. We begin testing the new release starting today and will post our findings and recommendations soon.

But yes, there are some nice new features in there. The dust brush seems to work great, being able to have a small floating focus check window again is nice - especially being able to have multiple focus check windows, etc, etc.

It's good stuff, but be careful.

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Snook

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 12:11:21 pm »

Hopefully they make the web contact sheet have the flagged and or star rating as well as the file name.. this completely stinks they did not make it like that in the beginning....
Hope they are reading these threads and make it an option in 5.1 which I doubt but am crossing my fingers.. Making contact sheets fro low jpegs fro the clients to quickly see is awesome but not when the ratings are not a long side the file name!!!!
Only option I can think of is making a seperate contact sheet with the flagged images only but this slows down the process...  
LOVING it if the focus tool works properly!!!!!! that only is a MAJOR upgrade! specially for us manual RZ focusers...:+]

Snook

Snook

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 12:34:49 pm »

sorry internet problem double post...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:43:52 pm by Snook »

Snook

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:43:04 pm »

`sorry double post
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:43:29 pm by Snook »

tho_mas

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:59 pm »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix
The dust brush seems to work great
that was my impression with the Beta as well however in the final release it doesn't work at all. Support told me it was removed (though the actual tool is present) due to some problems.

Too, I can't import LCC files from other sessions... actually I use them all the time for LCC based lens corrections even for the MF camera.
This is not so...
good stuff
... but, yes, the things that work are a huge step forward.

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 06:28:55 pm »

They still have not added the "stitching tool" I have a feeling they are not going to either. I have one client I really need to use the flex adapter with. Supposedly there is a work around which will probably involve layers in photoshop.
I may have to keep using multiple versions of Capture one indefinitely. There must not be many of us who ever use that feature. I was really hoping they would finally put it in so I could do everything in the one software.

tho_mas

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:04 pm »

Quote from: DavidP
There must not be many of us who ever use that feature. I was really hoping they would finally put it in so I could do everything in the one software.
I use stitching quite often. But compared to the C1 V3 stitcher Photoshops merger is so much better and faster. So I don't really miss the stitcher, especially as the new LCC based light falloff makes things much easier. However a good stitcher would certainly be very nice.

as to the dust removal... it is working. There is just no "spot" removal. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:50:36 pm by tho_mas »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »

Quote from: DavidP
They still have not added the "stitching tool" I have a feeling they are not going to either. I have one client I really need to use the flex adapter with. Supposedly there is a work around which will probably involve layers in photoshop.
I may have to keep using multiple versions of Capture one indefinitely. There must not be many of us who ever use that feature. I was really hoping they would finally put it in so I could do everything in the one software.

I'll be commenting a lot more later this week (very busy time for us right now), but FYI there is a "stitch in photoshop" script in C15. Select the frames to be stitched and go to the scripts menu (icon to the right of "help") and select Bundled Scripts - Stitch in Photoshop. It's very powerful and fast. Not as fast as the version 3 stitch tool but it's a huge leap forward from what was possible in version 4.

Doug

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up