- On a 13” macbook screen, the sorting dropdown that is above the vertical thumbnails does not show unless the thumbnails are widened to two across or more. That causes the main image window to be too tiny. Yes, I know sorting is in the main top menu under View, but I rarely use top menus in any app. Sorting dropdown with the thumbnails is more needed than the thumbnail sizing tool. Allow some option in what to see. You get this little option if thumbnails panel is too narrow, do the same for sorting:
Sounds like you need to add the sorting methods of your choice to keyboard shortcuts so you can access them quickly. Otherwise there will of course be some user interface options that can't be fit onto a 13" screen. Or, as you say you can use the drop down menu. Allowing full customization of which options you see there would be nice, but I don't know that I'd personally want that at the top of the to-do list taking away from development time on other items.
Moronic or lazy coding (these make me crazy):
- Customize -> Show -> Icon & Text does nothing, no text for icons in top tool bar. Version 3 was the last time this worked!
Yes, I wish they would either remove the option, or make it work. It's small but it's annoying.
- Distortion tool ONLY corrects barrel distortion. It should have both + and - adjustment to correct pincushion as well.
Change to "pincushion distortion" in the menu. Voila. Excellent opportunity to point out just how awesome it is to be able to be able to correct for distortion (in batches none-the-less) at this stage in your workflow.
In addition correction of both barrel and pincushion distortion is fine-tuned to each specific lens which C1 supports directly (e.g. Phase One, Hasselblad H series, Hasselblad Zeiss, Contax).
- Users should not have to delete almost everything related to a previous version to have a new version run smoothly. Almost all other apps allow overwriting the app or allow an app to run alongside the previous version.
So true! To be fair, MOST users can do the upgrade without anything more than drag and drop, but you're right that the only way to be 100% sure that everything will be hunky dorey is to follow our uninstall instructions
- When in Crop, if a crop edge is at the edge of a tool panel, the tool panel gets pulled and not the crop edge. Have the crop take precedent! Far too many times, I miss the crop edge by a fraction of an inch and it causes the crop to be cancelled or makes a near 1 pixel box crop. Work on this, please. Again look to Lightroom.
Done in v5. Increase the margin under preferences and every image will always end slightly before the tool panel / browser correcting this (very annoying) issue. There is also a toggle above and to the left of the image for an additional "proof margin" for the separate purpose of "previewing" the image in a more neutral environment - you can add a keyboard shortcut for this for fast access. These sorts of things will be in Capture Integration's online training in a few weeks.
- Please allow clicking on a tool title bar to expand or contract, not some tiny little triangle
Respectfully disagree. As a UI element the tool title bar is too large to trigger an expansion/contract and will lead to many users accidentally contracting tools.
I think when you delve into Capture One 5 you will see that many many of the requests from users were implemented including many asked for on this board (often directed at myself or another member of Capture Integration). I personally spent many hours emailing back and forth on feature requests based on the input of our customers and of this and other online forums and the direct result of this can be seen in Capture One 5.
The point being that we encourage you to continue to make your requests! They ARE listened to and taken very seriously.
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Leaf, Leica, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe