Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Objects - ACR > CS4 > ACR  (Read 2423 times)

Dinarius

Smart Objects - ACR > CS4 > ACR
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:45:26 pm »

I'm doing the following.............

1. Opening an image of the front elevation of a building in ACR and making basic edits.

2. Shift/Click Open to open the image as a Smart Object in CS4.

3. Filter/Distort/Lens Correction to correct the verticals.

Now...........

I want to complete the editing in ACR. Can I return to ACR directly from CS4 or do I have to save the file in some form and then go back to ACR?

Also, must I flatten the file first?

Please spell it out, this is new to me - but I'm loving it!  

Thanks.

D.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:55:33 pm »

There may be multiple ways ... the way I do it is to double-click the smart object layer's 'thumbnail' on the Layers pallet.

Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:12:08 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
There may be multiple ways ... the way I do it is to double-click the smart object layer's 'thumbnail' on the Layers pallet.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I thought that was the way to do it, but it doesn't work for me.

What does work, is right clicking on the arrow in the layers palette and choosing Edit Contents. However, this opens the image in ACR minus the vertical correction. But, when I make changes in ACR and click OK, the image opens in CS4 with the previous CS4 changes and the new ACR edits.

Ideally, I would like the image to open in ACR with the Lens Correction changes intact. But, maybe this isn't possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:15:03 pm »

Quote from: Dinarius
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I thought that was the way to do it, but it doesn't work for me.

What does work, is right clicking on the arrow in the layers palette and choosing Edit Contents. However, this opens the image in ACR minus the vertical correction. But, when I make changes in ACR and click OK, the image opens in CS4 with the previous CS4 changes and the new ACR edits.

Ideally, I would like the image to open in ACR with the Lens Correction changes intact. But, maybe this isn't possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.
When you re-open the object in ACR, you don't see the PS edits ... it is like going back to the first step in history right before opening as a smart object, except when you go back out into PS any other adjustment layers or smart filters you created are still there.

Dinarius

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:22:43 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
When you re-open the object in ACR, you don't see the PS edits ... it is like going back to the first step in history right before opening as a smart object, except when you go back out into PS any other adjustment layers or smart filters you created are still there.

Sorted then.

Thanks.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up