Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Drivers With Epson 3880  (Read 2205 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Installing Drivers With Epson 3880
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:42:24 am »

Today I should be receiving the Epson 3880.

Just wondering if anyone has already recieved the 3880 and had any problems installing the Drivers on a Mac (Macbook Pro 2.66 June 2009) running Apple Snow Leopard?

I saw on the Epson Website http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...foType=Overview that there are newer drivers. Do you have to install those or are the CDs that come with the 3880 up to date?

Also notice as of today there are no print profiles listed on the site.  So I assume those will be on the CD.

Robert Moore

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:39:45 am »

Quote from: StuartOnline
Today I should be receiving the Epson 3880.

Just wondering if anyone has already recieved the 3880 and had any problems installing the Drivers on a Mac (Macbook Pro 2.66 June 2009) running Apple Snow Leopard?

I saw on the Epson Website http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...foType=Overview that there are newer drivers. Do you have to install those or are the CDs that come with the 3880 up to date?

Also notice as of today there are no print profiles listed on the site.  So I assume those will be on the CD.

I doubt that the CD has the newer driver for the 3880. I would opt for the download.

It is very unlikely that the profiles need to be updated so if they are on the CD you should be able to use those. Another thread at present four down from this one
discussed location of the profiles.

Bob

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:36:57 am »

Quote from: Robert Moore
I doubt that the CD has the newer driver for the 3880. I would opt for the download.

It is very unlikely that the profiles need to be updated so if they are on the CD you should be able to use those. Another thread at present four down from this one
discussed location of the profiles.

Bob

Thanks for your input.

I sort of figured I will have to install the newer driver.
However if I remember correctly that the Apple Snow Leopard will find the newer drivers.

For printer profile I am hoping Ilford will add Golf Fibre Silk for the 3880.
Sent off an email this morning to them asking when to expect profiles for the 3880.
Pages: [1]   Go Up