Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medium Format Cameras which is best?  (Read 1846 times)

Algy

Medium Format Cameras which is best?
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:08:29 am »

Hi there, just wanted to pick the collective brain.

I currently shoot on a Blad H1 with a Phase P45 back and have always been happy with the resulting imagery. My issues have been with the H series lenses and this problem has now gone beyond a joke. I have spent almost half as much as the original cost of the lenses in repairs and cleaning costs. Now i have complained to the managing director of Hasselblad uk a number of times about this and he seems unwilling to accept any responsibility for any of these faults. Now, I never had any of these sort of problems with the V series lenses or any of my 35 mm Zeiss or Leica lenses.

So my question is where to go next, am leaning heavily towards the Phase one DF camera and an upgrade to the 65+. So can anyone tell me if they have had good or bad experiences with these or the mamiya cameras and lenses?

Any knowledge or experience anyone could share with me would be greatly accepted. So thanks in advance.

jjlphoto

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:50:32 am »

Those Mamiya 645 AF lenses are real workhorses and are a bargain. Plus, there are lots of them in circulation.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

woof75

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:33:53 pm »

You'll never have to send in a mamiya 645 lens in for repair.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:33:49 pm »

Just moved from the H1/p45+ to the PhaseOne p65+.  No complaints, delighted with the lenses and the quality of files coming from the back.  The camera has one annoyance in that when using mirror lockup and pressing the shutter release there is an obvious delay ... very challenging to do anything that requires timing (such as portrait work).  Hoping the electronic cable release may work better (been on backorder for 2 months).

I much prefer the simple controls of the PhaseOne system, vs the menu system of the Hasselblad system.  Seems intuitive and much easier to get to where I want to be.  Maybe not as flexible, but I would much prefer just turning a dial rather than pushing buttons and turning knobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up