Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon DSLR - Missing Image?  (Read 1500 times)

Andrew Larkin

Canon DSLR - Missing Image?
« on: December 02, 2003, 11:13:34 pm »

What happens when you take your 10,000th photo?

I have been using a D30 for the last couple of years and just upgraded to the 10D to photograph a car race for one of the major sponsors.

I had clocked up just under 8000 frames on the D30 and when I put my Microdrive in the 10D, it picked up the last frame used and continued the frame numbers (which was nice!)

Over the 3-day event last weekend, I took just over 2700 images - many trying to catch "magic" shots such as flames from exhausts or fast moving cars "just" crossing the finish line.  There were a lot of practice shots while I got used to the considerably improved timing and feel of the new body.

So, I then start reviewing the images and I discover that one directory on the Microdrive backup has only 99 images in it when I expected it to have 100.  I have been short-changed by an image under "DCIM\199CANON".

Normally, the first image in a directory is like IMG_9701 and the last image is IMG_9800.

However, there is a special case where the image that follows IMG_9999 is not IMG_0000, but is IMG_0001.

For the information of those that care...

Andrew
Sydney
Pages: [1]   Go Up