Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 & Lightroom on new imac quad i7  (Read 2905 times)

kevin.illingworth

CS4 & Lightroom on new imac quad i7
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:53:51 am »

I'm finally having to admit defeat and upgrade my G5 Mac Pro Tower to a intel Mac especially as Lightroom 3 will only work on intel based macs. Originally I was going to replace it with the new Quad Core Mac Pro. After seeing the new imacs I'm greatly tempted by the 27" Quad i7 imac. If I get this I'd probably get the 2TB disc can anyone suggest the most sensible way to configure this disc re partitions particularly as I would want to run Windows 7 using VM Fusion.

Regards Kevin

Desmond

CS4 & Lightroom on new imac quad i7
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:50:19 pm »

Quote from: kevin.illingworth
I'm finally having to admit defeat and upgrade my G5 Mac Pro Tower to a intel Mac especially as Lightroom 3 will only work on intel based macs. Originally I was going to replace it with the new Quad Core Mac Pro. After seeing the new imacs I'm greatly tempted by the 27" Quad i7 imac. If I get this I'd probably get the 2TB disc can anyone suggest the most sensible way to configure this disc re partitions particularly as I would want to run Windows 7 using VM Fusion.

Regards Kevin

I am using a 24 inch iMac from  the just expired line up. The problem is that the monitor is way too bright. I can never set the white point to less than 230 cdl. I've a 20 cinema display so I can use it to 100 cdl for proofing. You better check if the same problem happen in the latest LED backlit model.  I have reservation on this as the bright mon is for pleasing those user watching movie but not graphic users. The best new feature is more ram slots so the price for upgrading too 8gb ram is much more reasonable than before.
Regards,

Desmond
Pages: [1]   Go Up