Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Europe  (Read 3478 times)

D. King

In Europe
« on: October 25, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »

I'm going to be in Vienna and Prague and need some advice re electrical converters/adapters -- especially with regard the Canon battery charger.  

Any suggestions as to make and models?

Thanks

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
In Europe
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »

Quote from: D. King
I'm going to be in Vienna and Prague and need some advice re electrical converters/adapters -- especially with regard the Canon battery charger.  

Thanks

Assuming you're US-based, all you need is a simple US-to-euro two prong plug adapter. Almost all modern power adapters accept 110/120V (mainly US) and 220/240V (practically rest of the world) inputs - you can check it by squinting at the info on the body of the adapter, it should say "input 120/240" or something like that.

If you want to power several devices, I recommend iGo.

D. King

In Europe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »

Quote from: feppe
Assuming you're US-based, all you need is a simple US-to-euro two prong plug adapter. Almost all modern power adapters accept 110/120V (mainly US) and 220/240V (practically rest of the world) inputs - you can check it by squinting at the info on the body of the adapter, it should say "input 120/240" or something like that.

If you want to power several devices, I recommend iGo.

Thanks.  I'll check out iGo.

francois

In Europe
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 04:03:42 am »

Thanks
Usually, Canon chargers support 120/240V.  You'll find adapters for plugs compatibility in every international airport (adapters are probably mcuh more expensive in those stores). If you have the time then visit  your local electrical/electronic shop or shop through online stores.

Different types of plugs are listed here:  http://electricaloutlet.org/

or

Here:  http://www.adaptelec.com/info-by-country-c-15.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:04:47 am by francois »
Francois

Ed Blagden

In Europe
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 04:28:47 am »

I live in a 240V / 50Hz environment (just like everyone else in the world except the Americans) but I travel frequently to the US.  I can assure you that every single bit of electronic equipment with an AC/DC converter (laptop, Canon battery charger, Blackberry etc etc) which I own works just fine in both the US and everywhere else.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
In Europe
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:39:58 am »

As regards adaptors, as long as they have the pins in the right place, it doesn't really matter. You can get universal gadgets which can be adjusted to fit different sockets and, as francois said, they're available at a price from airport shops.

One tip, though: do make sure that your American kit is happy with a 240V supply. I once failed to check that and the power supply for a ring flash I'd bought in the States made a very loud bang and a very pretty flash when it blew up in my kitchen back home.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up