Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: houseswap  (Read 2953 times)

mikebinok

houseswap
« on: April 17, 2005, 07:38:08 pm »

I've gone to visit photographers in other areas and let them guide me to interesting stuff in their areas, and done the reverse (let them visit me and I guide them).  Having a knowledgeable guide helps A LOT in a strange area.

I might do an "unaccompanied" house swap with someone I knew well, but I'm too suspicious a curmudgeon to let someone I don't know in my house unaccompanied for several days....I think sequential "accompanied" swaps would be a better idea.

slrnovice

houseswap
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:31:07 pm »

Maybe this isn't for me cos I think my partner would not go for the idea but ... well you know you can go on holiday by swapping your house with someone else - why not have photographer's holiday club based on this idea?  Many people can't afford wonderful holidays.  Even if you can just think you'd be able to go to *more* places for the same cash if you didn't have to pay for accomodation.  Members of luminous-landscape come from all over the world, all those wonderful places to shoot (drool)  

I don't know, maybe it's a daft idea but thought I'd post it anyway to see what people think.

slrnovice
Pages: [1]   Go Up