Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Profile Epsom 3800  (Read 2027 times)

Edalongthepacific

Color Profile Epsom 3800
« on: October 23, 2009, 10:04:54 pm »

I printed Bill's 28 Balls Test Image (http://homepage.mac.com/billatkinson/FileSharing2.html) using CS4 and turned off all color management in Photoshop and in my Epsom 3800's printer driver. The printer delivered a quite reasonably close match to the Photoshop soft proof I had employed (I used Pro38 PGPP that came with the printer). I then printed Bill's 28 Balls Test Image from Lightroom 2.4 and the colors were way off (deep blues printed pastel green for example) and much lighter than in CS4. Colors also changed but not as dramatically when I let Photoshop manage colors as ProPhoto RGB. Is this because Bill's 28 Balls Test Image is in a sRBG color space? Is it best to maintain the original color space throughout the workflow if you are sending an image to an ink jet printer?

Edalongthepacific

Color Profile Epsom 3800
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:07 pm »

I believe that, since the image was not a web image but a download, it was not an sRBG image. I suggest you use Lightroom for processing RAW data and then let Photoshop do the printing. You are likely to get more consistent results that way. Also, as you have speculated, I do not believe changing an image's color space in Photoshop adds any digital color information. I could be wrong now but I don't think so.

madmanchan

• Web
Color Profile Epsom 3800
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:27:53 pm »

You mentioned that you turned off color management when printing the test image from CS4. That's the difference. You cannot turn off color management when printing from LR. That's why the LR result is different from the CS4 result in this case.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up