Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eMotion 75LV and Mamiya RZ67 ProII  (Read 7068 times)

Andrew Teakle

• http://www.andrewteakle.com
Sinar eMotion 75LV and Mamiya RZ67 ProII
« on: October 23, 2009, 03:31:21 pm »

Hi all,
I have a complete RZ67 ProII system (NOT the ProIID) that has been sitting in the cupboard for a few years while I have been playing with DSLRs. I have recently been thinking about MF backs and have seen a Sinar eMotion 75LV back with RZ67 adapter that looks interesting. What is involved in adapting this back with the ProII body? Would I be much better off buying a ProIID body? I imagine the IQ would be superb - considerably better than my 5DII. Wondering how Lightroom 3 would do with these files.
Thanks for any info.
Andrew  

Andrew

TMARK

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:36:29 pm »

Quote from: tesseraphoto
Hi all,
I have a complete RZ67 ProII system (NOT the ProIID) that has been sitting in the cupboard for a few years while I have been playing with DSLRs. I have recently been thinking about MF backs and have seen a Sinar eMotion 75LV back with RZ67 adapter that looks interesting. What is involved in adapting this back with the ProII body? Would I be much better off buying a ProIID body? I imagine the IQ would be superb - considerably better than my 5DII. Wondering how Lightroom 3 would do with these files.
Thanks for any info.
Andrew

The Pro or ProII are awesome.  I don't know if the Sinar adapters are "dead" plates that do not provide any electrical contact with the camera, like my H mount Leaf back I use on a Pro and a ProII.  Thierry H on this board can give you the deatils.

The Sinar 75 is a great back, but the RZ is my fav platform for a back.  Think about it:  backup bodies are almost free, the lenses are great, leaf lenses, bellows focusing, waist level, sync up to 400.

ThierryH

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
The Pro or ProII are awesome.  I don't know if the Sinar adapters are "dead" plates that do not provide any electrical contact with the camera, like my H mount Leaf back I use on a Pro and a ProII.  Thierry H on this board can give you the deatils.

The Sinarback eMotion / Mamiya RZ 67 adapter kit:

- Communication between Sinarback and camera is provided over external cables only
- The adapter plate is revolvable: portrait/landscape format change simply, quickly and without having to un-mount the back

That's all I can say, except that this adapter kit is for the RZ Pro and Pro II

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:52:40 pm by ThierryH »

Andrew Teakle

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 05:28:13 am »

Thank you TMARK and Thierry for your replies. I'll look into the sync cables before I proceed.

Andrew
Andrew

avelpavel

• http://www.pastrovicchio.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 06:09:33 am »

Hi Andrew,

I have used for a while my Emotion 54LV with a RZ67 Pro II (no D model). You use the sync cable as Thierry said, this however can't tell the back the shot exif data. Apart from that and the fact that is a bulkier and heavy beast I found it really astonishing for quality of the lenses (everything is really cheap and sharp) and the rotating adapter which I found really useful, it's better than turning the camera. By the way right now I'm using Contax 645 and I'm happy with it, you have communication without cables, exif data present and it's lighter to carry around. I have just downloaded Lightroom beta 3, I will have some tests with E54 and E75 files...

Good luck

Roberto

ThierryH

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 07:21:01 am »

Right, not other communication possible between back and camera, but so far I can remember the sensitivity is hard-wired to ISO 100.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: avelpavel
You use the sync cable as Thierry said, this however can't tell the back the shot exif data.
Roberto
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:21:26 am by ThierryH »

Andrew Teakle

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »

One other thing I thought of: I currently only operate PCs with Windows. Is it possible to work on the files from these backs without a Mac? I read Michael's review from a few years back and that was true at the time  . What software is required?

Thanks again,
Andrew
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:08:19 pm by tesseraphoto »
Andrew

Professional

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 11:30:16 pm »

I have the ProII D version camera, but i bought film back here from NYC, and soon when i will go back to my country i will try it, i can't afford Phase One 65+, and i don't want to go with Leaf/Sinar back, even not with Phase One 40mp and less, i have H3DII-39mp, so larger back is what i think about.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 11:35:11 pm »

Quote from: tesseraphoto
One other thing I thought of: I currently only operate PCs with Windows. Is it possible to work on the files from these backs without a Mac? I read Michael's review from a few years back and that was true at the time  . What software is required?

Thanks again,
Andrew

You will need a Mac to run in tethered mode, or to import images from the CF card as DNG files (note: on the CF card the images are not in DNG format with eMotion series backs). From that point on you could use Mac or PC.

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 02:17:50 am »

Quote from: foto-z
You will need a Mac to run in tethered mode, or to import images from the CF card as DNG files (note: on the CF card the images are not in DNG format with eMotion series backs). From that point on you could use Mac or PC.

I'm confused (as usual   ) Is it possible to to import images taken with eMotion series backs from the CF card as DNG files on a PC?

Or do I need to get a Mac?

Sinar has already told me I will need a Mac to download and install their eXposure software. Not to mention the latest version of their firmware for eMotion series backs.

ThierryH

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 02:30:02 am »

Quote from: lowep
I'm confused (as usual   ) Is it possible to to import images taken with eMotion series backs from the CF card as DNG files on a PC?

Or do I need to get a Mac?

Sinar has already told me I will need a Mac to download and install their eXposure software. Not to mention the latest version of their firmware for eMotion series backs.

You need a Mac to download either from a CF card or from the internal memory of the back. The DNG files are ONLY created in eXposure, during the download process. In the CF card and in the internal memory of the back, the files are available as Sinar RAWs (.IA & .BR files).

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:54:23 am by ThierryH »

lowep

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:28 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
You need a Mac to download either from a CF card or from the internal memory of the back. The DNG files are ONLY create in eXposure, during the download process. In the CF card and in the internal memory of the back, the files are available as Sinar RAWs (.IA & .BR files).

Best regards,
Thierry

What a relief!! I was getting quite concerned about this whole "open platform" thing that is a threat to global capitalism. Now I have a good excuse to junk my perfectly good PC and burn money on a preloved Mac - though I would prefer a weekend in Acapulco.

lowep

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 11:09:23 am »

BTW thanks for replying Thierry. No need to shoot the messenger. At least I also now know what everybody else knows.

ThierryH

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 02:04:57 pm »

Quote from: lowep
BTW thanks for replying Thierry. No need to shoot the messenger. At least I also now know what everybody else knows.

Too late, already shot down!

Best regards,
Thierry

lowep

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 09:18:11 pm »

Well if Michael Jackson can launch a hit record after he is dead...
Pages: [1]   Go Up