Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S2 Images  (Read 49193 times)

rogan

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2009, 01:42:44 pm »

Quote from: yaya
I know and have met both and while they can be grumpy at times, they ain't old and are far from being muppets...

I so disagree. Both of these guys I call friends and they remind me exactly  of Waldorf and Statler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

Carsten W

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2009, 01:49:47 pm »

Quote from: rogan
I so disagree. Both of these guys I call friends and they remind me exactly  of Waldorf and Statler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

LOL, they just creamed him!
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

Slough

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »

Quote from: christian_raae
But I see another tendency's, and that is for example people pushing Canon as a better choice then MFDB. Very often users with little registered info about them selves, showing up with tests or reviews, or bold statements about Canon being equal in IQ compared to MFDB.

It's the great age of the internet, where everyone can become an expert from the comfort of their own armchair, despite knowing nowt about nowt. Why let lack of knowledge get in the way of an opinion. Truth is the enemy of creativity. (An exaggeration but not without truth.)

Incidentally, I do know first hand that behind the scenes marketing wonks from big name companies try to influence 'respected' forum posters. Then again, they have always had big name photographers using their gear, for free, or for payment. Caveat emptor.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2009, 07:08:17 pm »

Quote from: Slough
Incidentally, I do know first hand that behind the scenes marketing wonks from big name companies try to influence 'respected' forum posters. Then again, they have always had big name photographers using their gear, for free, or for payment. Caveat emptor.

I regularly meet with a Canon marketing rep. He gets me fast repairs and adjustments on what I own, and an occasional loaner of a body for testing or profiling.

I was in an MF dealer's the other day. He was explaining to the customer that his camera would need to stay away 6 weeks *longer* on top of a regular repair delay.  Maybe MF guys need to do some stealth marketing too ?

BTW, I'm thinking of getting a back for my old V series Hassy's - anybody got any experience with the no-wires Hassy backs for those ?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

woof75

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2009, 03:41:25 am »

Quote from: eronald
I regularly meet with a Canon marketing rep. He gets me fast repairs and adjustments on what I own, and an occasional loaner of a body for testing or profiling.

I was in an MF dealer's the other day. He was explaining to the customer that his camera would need to stay away 6 weeks *longer* on top of a regular repair delay.  Maybe MF guys need to do some stealth marketing too ?

BTW, I'm thinking of getting a back for my old V series Hassy's - anybody got any experience with the no-wires Hassy backs for those ?

Edmund

I get my mamiya 645 afd bodies repaired at Mac group in long island NY in about 4 days, amazing service. In england the same repair takes 6 weeks and costs about 5 times as much, bless them.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2009, 04:55:18 am »

Edmund

Hi Edmund,

This may help you.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9881

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

christian_raae

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2009, 05:47:27 am »

A large majority of today's "higher end" camera consumers search the web for info before buying a Camera.

The reliability of camera-shop employees has dramaticely gone down. Customer are sceptic about the ways different camera-shops deal with the different brands. Questions like why a certain shop has a bigger in-store display for Canon then Nikon, or why for example Olympus is not as available in the shop like the major brands. All this ends up in a scepticism, and gives way for other sources of "reliable information".
The "new" digital camera age has pushed the market into a turn-over focused business where profit-margins is AO, where brand/distribution alliances and in-store distribution is a dominant way of survival.

This is off course not explicit for the camera industry, and has "awaken" the customer to face sellers with more scepticism.

"Independent" web and magazine reviews and forums has taken over the roll of distribution the "truth". The  fact that there's no brand och corporate involvement in these sources insures and gives the customers of valid information and authenticity.        

Therefore I understand why stealth marketing in forums like this hit the heart, and proves to be very effective when it comes to turning doubting customers into buying customers.

The examples above are not fictive, and illustrates how the "new customers" orientates in the market.
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2009, 06:23:03 am »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hi Edmund,

This may help you.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9881

David

Thx David.
BTW, how does one deal with focus adjustment to the individual camera?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2009, 06:31:10 am »

Thx David.
BTW, how does one deal with focus adjustment to the individual camera?

Edmund

Les Victor in Paris should be able to help you with that.  If you decide for a CFV then they can give your camera a health check and calibration.

They are opposite Hasselblad France in Passage Piver.  Very nice Gentleman indeed...

5, Passage Piver
75011 Paris, France
+33 1 48 05 11 12

They carry out Hasselblad and Profoto servicing.  A private company not owned by Hasselblad.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up