Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH1 and the environment  (Read 3818 times)

PeterJ

GH1 and the environment
« on: October 22, 2009, 06:55:18 pm »

Hi all, have done a lot of reading here but this is my first post. A new GH1 is high on the list for this christmas, and after reading the review, this question that came to mind. The camera does not have any specific environmental sealing, as for example the Pentax K-7. I accept that if it falls in the water that's likely the end, OK, but what I would really like to know from people with experience is how robust are they when used in the real world environment. Sometimes it rains and it's going to get wet, snow, dust storms, all this sort of thing, I'll take it bush walking and dirt bike riding, it it tough enough? Is it onpar with other normal DSLR's?

Anyones thoughts would be appreciated.......thanks

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
GH1 and the environment
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:01:41 pm »

2-3 hours of shooting in the rain and snow had no effect on the camera. From that limited use, I would say very much on par with high end DSLRs as far as use in the rain is concerned. Shoots good pictures too!

PeterJ

GH1 and the environment
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 03:47:49 am »

Quote from: ChrisSand
2-3 hours of shooting in the rain and snow had no effect on the camera. From that limited use, I would say very much on par with high end DSLRs as far as use in the rain is concerned. Shoots good pictures too!

Excellent, thanks ChrisSand, just what I needed to hear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up