Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Around Toronto  (Read 1567 times)

tonysmith

Around Toronto
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:49:41 pm »

[attachment=17370:Toronto_1.jpg]

[attachment=17371:Toronto_2.jpg]

[attachment=17372:Toronto_3.jpg]

[attachment=17373:Toronto_4.jpg]

Many thanks for your comments

Tony

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Around Toronto
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:22:03 am »

I like #2 very much, both the composition and how you captured the light seem very nice to me.
And just to nit-pick a bit: I see some underexposed and overexposed areas in that photo; if you can, I would try to work a bit more on that.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Around Toronto
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:50:47 am »

In the first my eye gets immediately drawn to the oof/fringed leaves at the middle/top of the image, and only later you see the real subject, i.e. the person in red at the end of the road. Maybe you can crop out some top/right to achieve two related objectives, it would put the red figure more at a golden mean point (drawing more attention) and reduce the distracting light area at the top.

Agree with the comment on 2, I love all the rays of light in there and the strong composition with the pier in the foreground. Needs a bit more work before you can make a stellar print of it though.

The third is nice, I like these kind of detail pictures and the composition/tone balance is quite right for me

The fourth is imo lacking some critical sharpness of the texture of the statue, however the ladybugs are a hoot and I like how you've used the WA to place the statue in the context of the park which is quite unconventional. Needs some details in execution to make it a real printable keeper, but the idea behind it is great.
pieter, aka pegelli

cmi

Around Toronto
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:49:54 am »

Tony, #1 doesn't say much to me, but I like the other three.

In #2, this nice light reflecting off the cemented ground in the foreground, all in all nice light, seems like just after the storm. #3, I really get the impression he is depicted "at his place", "in his own space", so to say, if you get what I mean. And the last is an interesting way for me to capture a statue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up