Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea save packaging a 24" HP Z3200  (Read 1385 times)

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
Sea save packaging a 24" HP Z3200
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:22:03 pm »

Due to unexpected family reasons, I need to emigrate from Holland to Israel. My equipment will partly be hand luggage, the rest will be shipped in a container, together with our furniture. Among other photographic things my HP 24” Z3200 need to be shipped. But… when I bought it, a year ago, I threw the packaging away. I do have the orange plastic head fixer parts, but that’s all. The things I miss the most are the big white polystyrene foam  parts, which shift over the sides of the machine.

If anyone in Holland can help me with these foam things, either from a 24”or 44”, Z3100 or Z3200, PS or Photo (they’re all the same, imho), I would be really pleased and able to pick them up.
HP can’t help (hm), dealer don’t have, etc. etc.
Any other solution to safely pack the machine for sea transport would be appreciated. I read the topics on transport of these machines on the forum, and learned that in terms of continuation of print quality there is nothing to worry about. But it better be packed securely.

Thank you for sharing ideas.

Bas

LoisWakeman

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:27 am »

Here in the UK, one can buy packaging for breakable items that is a foam pouch full of the raw materials for polyurethane foam, which moulds round the item in question.

So, by a bit of lateral thinking, how about getting a suitable box and some stout plastic bags, then wrapping the printer well, putting it in the bottom of the box on a polystyrene "brick" to raise it, and filling four bags under each corner with the foam spray (from a builder's merchant - used for fixing in windows etc.). When that has set, do the same for the 4 top corners.

Result: custom-made holders for your printer.

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:35 pm »

Quote from: LoisWakeman
Here in the UK, one can buy packaging for breakable items that is a foam pouch full of the raw materials for polyurethane foam, which moulds round the item in question.

So, by a bit of lateral thinking, how about getting a suitable box and some stout plastic bags, then wrapping the printer well, putting it in the bottom of the box on a polystyrene "brick" to raise it, and filling four bags under each corner with the foam spray (from a builder's merchant - used for fixing in windows etc.). When that has set, do the same for the 4 top corners.

Result: custom-made holders for your printer.

Sounds good, Lois, if I can't find the original, I'll try that one.
Bas
Pages: [1]   Go Up