Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Newbie  (Read 2340 times)

graphalux

Photoshop Newbie
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:16:59 am »

I want to learn more photography tips.  I recently became interested with photo manipulation and I'm trying to learn photoshop layers right now.  I need all the help I can get.  If you know of any free Photoshop tutorials, please share them.

Thanks!

DavidHoptman

• http://www.davidhoptman.com
Photoshop Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:04:12 am »

Quote from: graphalux
I want to learn more photography tips.  I recently became interested with photo manipulation and I'm trying to learn photoshop layers right now.  I need all the help I can get.  If you know of any free Photoshop tutorials, please share them.

Thanks!

If you have $20.00 a  month to spend .. go to lynda.com on the internet.. you can learn just about anything you will ever need to know about photoshop and more. put in the time and you will find the investment well worth your while.  sometimes you gotta pay to play.. BEST DAVID HOPTMAN
David Hoptman
email dhstudio@mac.com
TUSCAN LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKSHOPS
http://www.davidhoptman.com

jdemott

Photoshop Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:39 pm »

Mark Johnson has been doing Photoshop tutorials aimed mainly at beginners and intermediate users for a long time.  I think you can watch the current ones for free on his website and/or buy a DVD with all the past episodes.  There are also some tutorials aimed at a similar audience on The Mindful Eye website.  Do a search for the URLs.
John DeMott

nstop

Photoshop Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:51:28 pm »

Photoshop is a very powerful piece of software, but I've never found it very intuitive.  For me, Scott Kelby's books are very helpful and easy to use.  They point out many useful tricks and techniques that I probably never would have figured out on my own.

He's also one of the guys behind Photoshop User TV which sometimes has some useful tips.  Current and past episodes are available on line for free.

BB
Pages: [1]   Go Up