Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 and HP Z3100  (Read 4016 times)

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:09:39 pm »

Anyone heard of drivers being released for Windows 7? Nothing on the HP site for the new OS. Use the Vista drivers for now?
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:46:26 pm »

Current Vista drivers are working great on my Win-7 desktop

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:47 pm »

Quote from: Joh.Murray
Current Vista drivers are working great on my Win-7 desktop

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
Regards,

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:45:48 pm »

I have been running the Windows 7 RC for months now.  I love it and the fact is that things Vista work under Windows 7, most things XP do as well, better than vista.

don't worry about it.

John

BrianScott

Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:03:33 am »

Quote from: marcsitkin
Anyone heard of drivers being released for Windows 7? Nothing on the HP site for the new OS. Use the Vista drivers for now?

I contacted HP concerning Win 7 drivers for the Z3100. They said that their engineers were working on them but it would be some time in the new year before they would be ready.

Its OK if you have a cheap consumer printer from HP - the drivers come out of the Windows box, but if you spend a couple of grand on a printer, and depend on it for revenue, then it's OK for you to wait!

The Vista Drivers won't install automatically from the included program, you have to do a manual install from "Devices & Printers" > "add a printer"> "I have a disk" and take it from there. I then downloaded & installed the latest utility software after the driver. Seems to work well, but as I only did it this morning I haven't used the printer in anger yet.

Hope this helps

Brian

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 02:24:32 pm »

Quote from: marcsitkin
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

I did the install of the Vista drivers and things seem to be working pretty smoothly. I also installed QImage pro, and that is also working well under Windows 7. I'm a bit suprised, but with the exception of the Adobe Acrobat CS4 component not installing, I haven't had any real problem yet. Almost at the end of the first week, and am enjoying the new enhancements to the interface Microsoft has made.
Regards,

jland

Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:25:59 pm »

Quote from: BrianScott
The Vista Drivers won't install automatically from the included program, you have to do a manual install from "Devices & Printers" > "add a printer"> "I have a disk" and take it from there. I then downloaded & installed the latest utility software after the driver.

I can only find the print utility as part of the whole driver download package and couldn't figure out how to install it manually out of that package. Can you elaborate how you installed it? The driver and Qimage work fine for me, BTW.

Jim

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:15 am »

Quote from: jland
I can only find the print utility as part of the whole driver download package and couldn't figure out how to install it manually out of that package. Can you elaborate how you installed it? The driver and Qimage work fine for me, BTW.

Jim

My Windows 7 install was not an upgrade, but a complete install to a different drive, so I had no legacy components from XP.
Since I did a fresh install of the HP softwre, I did install the whole package, which was version 4.1.100.1332

I'm a bit cautious, so I set my computer up as a dual-boot (XP and Win7), so I could migrate over slowly. So far , so good with the exception of my Canon Photoshop Export Plugin, which is dud to be updated by Canon by years-end.
Regards,

BrianScott

Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 11:52:29 am »

Quote from: jland

Jim

If you do a search on the HP support site for "HP_Printer_Utility_Installer" for the Designjet series, you should find the stand-alone program. If not, let me know & I can send you a copy. The latest version appears to work fine with Win 7.

Mine is a new machine with a clean Win 7 installation, but I couldn't get the original version supplied with the printer to install from the disk.

I am using the new version 10 of Qimage, and have no problems.

Brian

jland

Windows 7 and HP Z3100
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 05:24:01 pm »

Thanks guys, found it! I'm also doing the gradual migration with a clean installation on a separate drive, and so far so good...
Pages: [1]   Go Up