Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon !d Mk 3  (Read 1719 times)

errolhiggins

Canon !d Mk 3
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:00:46 pm »

Had trouble on my last couple of shoots. A maroon sweater reproduced tomato red. I am using Capture One Pro 4.8.3 Any ideas how to correct this?

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Canon !d Mk 3
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:29 pm »

Don't spam the forums with multiple posts on the same topic, for one.

See my reply to your other post.

michaelnotar

Canon !d Mk 3
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:25:13 am »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
Don't spam the forums with multiple posts on the same topic, for one.

See my reply to your other post.

mine does the same. after doing a general color balance, i use the color editor to change color hue/sat. i have learned to bias the red channel to the green side of the hue adjustment. greens seem to go to red too and need green added to them. all this points to the yellow channel and red channel being out of whack, i look to those channels first when i get colors i dont like.

errolhiggins

Canon !d Mk 3
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

Quote from: michaelnotar
mine does the same. after doing a general color balance, i use the color editor to change color hue/sat. i have learned to bias the red channel to the green side of the hue adjustment. greens seem to go to red too and need green added to them. all this points to the yellow channel and red channel being out of whack, i look to those channels first when i get colors i dont like.
Thank you for such a helpful  reply. That's what I did to correct the problem. I thought I would post this on the color discussion as well, but did not receive such a polite reply.

michaelnotar

Canon !d Mk 3
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:18:51 am »

Quote from: errolhiggins
Thank you for such a helpful  reply. That's what I did to correct the problem. I thought I would post this on the color discussion as well, but did not receive such a polite reply.

ya just had this color issue on a home i shot today, wood tones can be super hard to reproduce, the yellow and red channel needed lots of work, close but not fully there.

check out the 1d mark iv that just was announced 20 mins ago http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...p;modelid=19584
Pages: [1]   Go Up