Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690WUXI2 highlights  (Read 2776 times)

Alasdair

NEC 2690WUXI2 highlights
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:27:42 am »

How do I stop this monitor from blowing out the highlights? I have used Spectraview to automatically calibrate using the Photo Editing preset, to 120 luminance but the highlights look awful.

Cheers
Al

walter.sk

NEC 2690WUXI2 highlights
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:21:27 am »

Quote from: Alasdair
How do I stop this monitor from blowing out the highlights? I have used Spectraview to automatically calibrate using the Photo Editing preset, to 120 luminance but the highlights look awful.

Cheers
Al
You don't say what computer and operating system you are using, as well as whether you had any other profiling software installed prior to the Spectraview program.  

I have the NEC 3090, and had it profiled at 140 cd/m2.  No highlights were blown, but I gradually lowered the luminance to 120 in conjunction with my print-viewing setup.  The only reasons I can think of for what you claim are blown highlights would be "double profiling," where your operating system is calling up a second profile by another profiling program (this could happen by having the other profiler in your startup folder, for example,) or not finding the generated profile where the OS expects it.  It is also possible that you are viewing an sRGB file that you are used to seeing on a narrower gamut display.  Another possibility is that you are viewing images in a program that does not use color management.

Alasdair

NEC 2690WUXI2 highlights
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:52:20 am »

Sorry - typical me. I use OS x Snow Leopard and had Eye One Match installed but I know that it wasn't the culprit. I think for the most part it may be the sRGB thing. My camera is set to shoot sRGB and all the files to date have been shot using sRGB. The wider gamut display may take a bit of getting used to but right away I'm going to try shooting in Adobe RGB. I am using Lightroom and Photoshop CS4 set to use Prophoto colur space.
Pages: [1]   Go Up