Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best digital back for Hy6?  (Read 2780 times)

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
Best digital back for Hy6?
« on: October 17, 2009, 02:08:46 pm »

As I now have a Rolleiflex Hy6 I (for film use) I was wondering which digital back would be recommended by fellow users? The Leaf Aptus backs would have been my top choice but given the changes at Leaf and the takeover by Phase, with disappearance of the AFi (at least for the moment), I do not think it would be wise to get a Leaf back. It would seem the Sinar backs are a better match for the Hy6. The eSprit 65 seems like the best option (and also optically the best match). Would there be any users of the eSprit 65 here? Experiences and recommendations would be welcome. Thanks.

PS I should add that I am not a professional user and hence do not need the highest resolution backs available on the marketplace. I currently use a PhaseOne P20 (rebadged as Rollei DB20p) with the Rolleiflex 6008 AF.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:10:58 pm by rolleiflexpages »
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:13:26 pm »

eSprit65 has so much going for it above other backs with the one downside being the crop factor, in my opinion, which is the same as a P30 for example (44x33mm). If that doesn't bother you then you should definitely take a closer look at that back. The eMotion75LV is the main competition. It lacks some of the eSprit's advantages but it has a 48x36mm 33MP sensor and the latest version has really decent high ISO performance. Many downside of this back - the slightly slowish frame rate. Both of these backs should work with Sinar's rotating adapter, afaik, which is a real plus. There are other Sinar backs which are for tethered use only and include features such as multishot but I assume these are not so interesting to you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:14:14 pm by foto-z »

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:15:38 pm »

I just saw your edit - in that case the eMotion54LV might be of interest (the same back that I use). It has the same size sensor as the e75LV and same features, but there are 3 main differences: it's 22MP, it doesn't have the same high ISO performance of the e75, and it has a faster frame rate.

hauxon

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up