Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???  (Read 25186 times)

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2009, 03:20:41 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
See thread

Can you post a screen shot of the histogram in LC of the gain files you are shooting?
In your old post you state you open 2 stops and pop a strobe at the lens. I'd be surprised if that gave you consistent usable gain files.
I've shot gain files using a strobe shot at the lens and if I'm not careful with the exposure it can give strange results when applied.

I've never had to use a gain of more than 50%, usually much less is more than adequate.

asf

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2009, 03:34:11 pm »

Pixjohn: from your pink thread - "Hi Yair, I have no way of knowing with interior shots and strobes if I am shooting the gain file at +2. My work flow to shoot the gain file is to open up 2 stops and shoot a mini strobe directly at the white disc on the lens."

Are you opening the aperture 2 stops? I'd think so if you're popping a strobe at it. If so that can cause problems as the gain file has to be made at the same F-stop as the file you're applying it to.

The histogram in Leaf Capture is what you have to use to judge your gain file exposure. The right side shouldn't be above +2.3 or so, and not below +1.5

pixjohn

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2009, 03:39:07 pm »

The histogram runs about +1 to +2. The software will not allow you to shoot brighter or darker files. LC 11 will only let me correct falloff at 15% - 35% with the 24xl? I am shooting tomorrow and will take a snap shot of the gain file.  

Quote from: asf
Pixjohn: from your pink thread - "Hi Yair, I have no way of knowing with interior shots and strobes if I am shooting the gain file at +2. My work flow to shoot the gain file is to open up 2 stops and shoot a mini strobe directly at the white disc on the lens."

Are you opening the aperture 2 stops? I'd think so if you're popping a strobe at it. If so that can cause problems as the gain file has to be made at the same F-stop as the file you're applying it to.

The histogram in Leaf Capture is what you have to use to judge your gain file exposure. The right side shouldn't be above +2.3 or so, and not below +1.5

asf

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:27 pm »

I'd suggest using a different method for making your gain files. Don't use the ministrobe unless you absolutely have to. Indirect light is best. Leave the aperture at the same place.
The histogram should be a nice sharp edged column with the right side stopping between +2 and +2.3 .

I rarely use the integrated Gain Adjuster but when I have it has worked fine. I've seen magenta problems but only from files where I've used strobe into the lens for the gain or the light source used for the gain was very different to the light source of the shot I'm applying it to.

Good luck.

wolfbellw.

• http://www.wolfgang-bellwinkel.de
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »

Leaf 11.2.9 is coming

good news

"Leaf is committed to continue to support customers through Leaf Capture software. Leaf Capture will continue to be updated moving forward, supporting enhanced image quality, new products, and delivering the best possible user experience."

another nice promise - the future will tell

new version of capture one will work with older leaf backs in the future

with or without the 2600$ upgrade/guarantee program?

compatibility of leaf shutter lenses with afd III

still waiting for a clear statement

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:17 pm »

Quote from: wolfbellw.
new version of capture one will work with older leaf backs in the future

with or without the 2600$ upgrade/guarantee program?

File compatibility - yes, confirmed. Tethering suport, not confirmed.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Peartree

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2009, 09:11:21 am »

Just a little more information regarding the immanent release of Leaf Capture 11.2.9 and Capture One Version 5

Leaf Capture 11.29 & Capture One Verison 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up