Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???  (Read 25210 times)

pixjohn

LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:23:54 am »

1) The gain adjuster does not work correctly, it will not allow you to adjust lens falloff 100% tethered? The software choose its own %% and will not work beyond that point.

2) Does anyone have any clue what is going to happen with LC 11? Will it ever work with the  Snow operating system?  

3) people talk about Leaf backs working with C1 Pro in the future, will that just be current backs or all the backs. The software on the Leaf Imaging site states LC11 works with the Aptus 75 backs, but when I connect the back it tells me my back is not a leaf back and not supported? If it will work in C1
pro will we have to waits months or years?

Someone must have a clue by now. How long do we have to wait to find out what is happening? The corporate line sounds like this, "no comment".

David WM

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:38:57 am »

Snow Leopard was mentioned in this post, expected to be 3-4 weeks from Sept 30.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=38037

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:01:07 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
1) The gain adjuster does not work correctly, it will not allow you to adjust lens falloff 100% tethered? The software choose its own %% and will not work beyond that point.
2) Does anyone have any clue what is going to happen with LC 11? Will it ever work with the  Snow operating system?  
3) people talk about Leaf backs working with C1 Pro in the future, will that just be current backs or all the backs. The software on the Leaf Imaging site states LC11 works with the Aptus 75 backs, but when I connect the back it tells me my back is not a leaf back and not supported? If it will work in C1
pro will we have to waits months or years?

Someone must have a clue by now. How long do we have to wait to find out what is happening? The corporate line sounds like this, "no comment".

Hello John,

Your Leaf dealer should have all the answers for you by now. If you do not have a dealer you can send an email to the and you will be put in contact with someone that can help you.

1) Not sure I understand. If you create a custom lens calibration file (with any % of falloff correction) and load it to the back using the wizard then that’s what it will use to calibrate all your images until you load another one or revert to the factory file...unless there’s a bug there that we’re not aware of. If that's the case, again you should report this to your dealer.

2) An SL compatible version is imminent. 2 weeks although it might slip a few days.

3) Regarding C1: new Leaf Imaging backs (Aptus-II and refurb Aptus carrying “LI” serial numbers) will come with both LC11 and C1 5 (DB, not Pro) in the box.
LC11 from 11.2.8 and up is developed and tested to work with Leaf Imaging (see above) backs. This does not mean it does not work with older backs, hence the warning message, which will be “softened” in 11.2.9.

To gain future compatibility with LC and C1, users of old Aptus/ Aptus-S and Aptus-II backs can purchase a warranty package , which includes a  “service upgrade” that makes the back compatible with future Leaf and Phase One software. Contact your dealer for further info and pricing.

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

collum

• http://www.jcollum.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:53:59 pm »

Quote from: yaya
To gain future compatibility with LC and C1, users of old Aptus/ Aptus-S and Aptus-II backs can purchase a warranty package , which includes a  “service upgrade” that makes the back compatible with future Leaf and Phase One software. Contact your dealer for further info and pricing.

Yair

What get's upgraded in this case? What further functionality?

jim

bcooter

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:09 pm »

Yair

Yair,

Is this the direction the market is going . . . If you want to keep your software up to date the next time Apple releases a new version, probably called Fire Coyote, will Leaf owners have to pony up a monthly payment to get the software to work?

I know specialty camera makers have gone through a tough time, but how'd you like to have just bought an "old" Aptus 10 minutes before you guys moved over to Phase, only to find out that to get your software to work with your new Mac you've gotta pay more money?

Somewhere in here is a lesson to be learned but I do know that whether the company is called Leaf Digital Limited Assets, or Leaf Imaging a Creo/Kodak company, to a customer it's just Leaf.

BC

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:26 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
...but how'd you like to have just bought an "old" Aptus 10 minutes before you guys moved over to Phase, only to find out that to get your software to work with your new Mac you've gotta pay more money?

When the alternative was the company went under entirely and no future support of any kind would be provided...

yaya

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »

Quote from: GBPhoto
Are "LI" refurbed "old" Aptus backs currently available?
What is the current Leaf website/contact info for USA?

Yes
Contact for Leaf Imaging US in Oregon

BR

Yair

yaya

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:17:02 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
Yair,

Is this the direction the market is going . . . If you want to keep your software up to date the next time Apple releases a new version, probably called Fire Coyote, will Leaf owners have to pony up a monthly payment to get the software to work?

I know specialty camera makers have gone through a tough time, but how'd you like to have just bought an "old" Aptus 10 minutes before you guys moved over to Phase, only to find out that to get your software to work with your new Mac you've gotta pay more money?

Somewhere in here is a lesson to be learned but I do know that whether the company is called Leaf Digital Limited Assets, or Leaf Imaging a Creo/Kodak company, to a customer it's just Leaf.

BC

You do not have to pay for the software, you've never had to. Like Doug said one of the alternatives was not to have any future support whatsoever.
And so it happens that the new company will still offer future support for the old company's product, but for a price.

Yair

yaya

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:21:35 pm »

Quote from: collum
What get's upgraded in this case? What further functionality?

jim

When you buy the extended warranty/ service package the back gets to be refurbished and loaded with a new firmware and a new serial number, making it fully compatible with any future version/s of LC and C1.

Yair

collum

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:36:13 pm »

When you buy the extended warranty/ service package the back gets to be refurbished and loaded with a new firmware and a new serial number, making it fully compatible with any future version/s of LC and C1.

Yair

So what goes one when i install a new version of Leaf Capture. It typically comes with a new version of firmware that's loaded when i tether the back. Why would there be two different 'types' of firmware.. one that can be customer installed, and the other that requires a full factory refurb and warranty extension?

Streetshooter

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 02:42:46 pm »

Yair

Yair,

Does this mean that if you have an older Aptus back (17 or 22), you will have to pay for the extended warranty/service package for new versions of LC and C1, will the backs not be compatible at all ?  If so how much will this extended warranty/service package be ?

Pete

archivue

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 03:06:08 pm »

Having bought my leaf aptus 22 with 3 years (shop) warranty in may this year, it sounds that i'm facing an other trouble...

if i pay for the upgrade, i won't be able to keep my warranty... i love this kind of situation !

pixjohn

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 07:39:24 pm »

Unfortunately I know longer have a Leaf dealer since Calumet dropped Leaf, but they where pretty clueless about the product from the start. I already own C1 4 pro, does that mean I will get a free upgrade to V5?  Will C1 5 have any type of lens fall off correction?

I create a custom  lens calibration file,  then upload it to the back.  The problem I am having is some type of bug?  The software tells me there is a large amount of lens falloff, but then sets its own max %% to correct it. One time it might be 35% the next time only 18%. I would like 100%. I  then  shot a 2nd lens file and might try to see if  can use that file in the stand alone gain caliber.  

I almost feel I need to go back to V8 when it worked. LC11 has had more then 1 problem.

As you know from past experience I have jumped through hoops to get a working lens calibration.

Hello John,

Your Leaf dealer should have all the answers for you by now. If you do not have a dealer you can send an email to the and you will be put in contact with someone that can help you.

1) Not sure I understand. If you create a custom lens calibration file (with any % of falloff correction) and load it to the back using the wizard then that’s what it will use to calibrate all your images until you load another one or revert to the factory file...unless there’s a bug there that we’re not aware of. If that's the case, again you should report this to your dealer.

Yair
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:41:37 pm by pixjohn »

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »

I'm a little confused here. Will I have to pay in order to upgrade to the version of Leaf Capture that works with Snow Leopard?

John

yaya

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 01:54:42 am »

So what goes one when i install a new version of Leaf Capture. It typically comes with a new version of firmware that's loaded when i tether the back. Why would there be two different 'types' of firmware.. one that can be customer installed, and the other that requires a full factory refurb and warranty extension?
Firmware for your A75S has not been updated for more than a year (11.2.1?) And if you you install a new version (11.2.8 and up) and connect your back it WILL NOT upload any firmware to your back because it is not a Leaf Imaging back.
Once/ if you've done the upgrade, your back will turn into a Leaf Imaging back and as such the software (future versions), when necessary, will update it with new firmware versions.

Does this mean that if you have an older Aptus back (17 or 22), you will have to pay for the extended warranty/service package for new versions of LC and C1, will the backs not be compatible at all ? If so how much will this extended warranty/service package be?

You will not have to pay for LC (C1 however is not a free product). Your back will most likely work with newer LC versions without issues however it is not being tested. If you have tried 11.2.8 you will see that it works.

Having bought my leaf aptus 22 with 3 years (shop) warranty in may this year, it sounds that i'm facing an other trouble...
if i pay for the upgrade, i won't be able to keep my warranty... i love this kind of situation !
You can stay with the shop warranty until it expires and then buy the extended one. You'll need to check with the shop about their T&C.

Unfortunately I know longer have a Leaf dealer since Calumet dropped Leaf, but they where pretty clueless about the product from the start. I already own C1 4 pro, does that mean I will get a free upgrade to V5? Will C1 5 have any type of lens fall off correction?

I create a custom lens calibration file, then upload it to the back. The problem I am having is some type of bug? The software tells me there is a large amount of lens falloff, but then sets its own max %% to correct it. One time it might be 35% the next time only 18%. I would like 100%. I then shot a 2nd lens file and might try to see if can use that file in the stand alone gain caliber.

If C1 5 Pro is a chargeable upgrade then you have to pay for it of course. 5.0 has got a lot of new powerful features. If your back is out of warranty then I would recommend contacting the local dealer in CA) to find out about your options. I will investigate further about the calibration issue that you have described to see if it is a bug.

I'm a little confused here. Will I have to pay in order to upgrade to the version of Leaf Capture that works with Snow Leopard?

Leaf Capture was always a free software and there are no plans to change this policy.

collum

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:18 am »

Firmware for your A75S has not been updated for more than a year (11.2.1?) And if you you install a new version (11.2.8 and up) and connect your back it WILL NOT upload any firmware to your back because it is not a Leaf Imaging back.
Once/ if you've done the upgrade, your back will turn into a Leaf Imaging back and as such the software (future versions), when necessary, will update it with new firmware versions.

My point was, what more beside a firmware upgrade will be done when converted to Leaf Imaging. If it's just a firmware upgrade, then it doesn't need to go in for any work... that upgrade can be done simply via Leaf Capture.

And besides the ability to use future versions of Leaf Capture.. what new improved features will this upgrade provide to me as the user?

yaya

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 02:16:50 am »

Quote from: collum
My point was, what more beside a firmware upgrade will be done when converted to Leaf Imaging. If it's just a firmware upgrade, then it doesn't need to go in for any work... that upgrade can be done simply via Leaf Capture.
Leaf has to modify your back in order for it to take the new firmware.
And besides the ability to use future versions of Leaf Capture.. what new improved features will this upgrade provide to me as the user?
The ability to use C1, by itself, is a great new feature but you of course get a new warranty covered by the same company that makes the new software.

collum

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:34 am »

The ability to use C1, by itself, is a great new feature but you of course get a new warranty covered by the same company that makes the new software.

.. so without this upgrade, i won't be able to use C1 with the back?

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 03:02:14 am »

if i would act like this or even a bit like this i would be ruined and bancrupt in 1 till 2 years.

its incredible what ideas appear to companies, just to squeeze out a little bit of money and how little they
care how fed up must get the existing customer base, clients which could be absorbed otherwise for
future products,- at least the part of clients who want to buy a mf back of the next generation.

who is inventing such business plans ?
which customer can understand such policy ?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:07:02 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

collum

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 03:20:56 am »

so there's no internal/electronic imaging improvement done when the firmware is upgraded?  The ability to use C1 would be controlled by the serial number which is upgraded in the firmware, which can be upgraded by the user via the normal Leaf Capture firmware upgrade process.  Other than to get additional warranty revenue.. what purpose does this serve?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up