Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???  (Read 25225 times)

pixjohn

LC 11 ???? will it ever be upgraded???
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 03:04:18 pm »

YaYa, any clarification on the Gain adjuster problem?  According to the old Leaf America, they are aware its a software problem that never got fixed. As far as the firmware upgrade cost potently costing  $2000 you have to be kidding. Will people have to upgrade the firmware to use C1 5? I think It would be nice to hear some straight to the point answers, not we have to wait.

Please let Phase-one know Leaf users feel a little stranded and disillusioned. If they only see older Leaf users as just money up front, the back end will be upgrades to Hasselblad.

BJNY

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 05:26:36 pm »

Awaiting clarification:

• Will Leaf digital backs connect instantly into C1v5

or will it take the usual 15-30 seconds of watching the progress bar as with LC software?

• Once a Leaf digital back tethers into Capture One Pro v5

will LIVE VIDEO work without $1495 dongle?

Billy

Guillermo

Fritzer

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 06:38:07 pm »

Just two questions:

- Will a future LC, which is Snow leopard compatible, support the old Aptus 75 back, without paying for that warranty package ?

- Would you please make Live View free for the next LC ?

pixjohn

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 08:18:27 pm »

I paid for my live video dongle.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 01:37:03 am »

Quote from: pixjohn
YaYa, any clarification on the Gain adjuster problem?  According to the old Leaf America, they are aware its a software problem that never got fixed. As far as the firmware upgrade cost potently costing  $2000 you have to be kidding. Will people have to upgrade the firmware to use C1 5? I think It would be nice to hear some straight to the point answers, not we have to wait.

Please let Phase-one know Leaf users feel a little stranded and disillusioned. If they only see older Leaf users as just money up front, the back end will be upgrades to Hasselblad.

John, I've checked regarding the lens calibration and the application basically looks at the calibration file and "decided" if the falloff is at an acceptable level. If it is not it will adjust the % of correction and will set it to the maximum acceptable amount.

If you consider the fact that the back is taken in, gets checked over, repaired ("refurb'ed") and then modified so it can be updated with a new firmware and shipped with a new 2 year warranty, maybe the cost will become easier to fathom.

Regarding C1 5. In order for the back to be able to connect to C1 it will have to be modified as described above. Please note that 5.0 is not going to provide tethered support. This will be implemented in later versions.

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

pixjohn

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 09:53:11 am »

I find it strange the stand alone gain adjuster lets me correct 100% but LC 11 limits me. Its a real problem wanting a corrected image tethered. I tested a 2nd work flow  of shooting 1 correction in LC 11 then shooting a 2nd white disc to just correct the falloff in post. I might go back to shooting calibration files in V8 today, then shooting tethered in LC 11.

evgeny

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 10:37:25 am »

Quote from: yaya
If you consider the fact that the back is taken in, gets checked over, repaired ("refurb'ed") and then modified so it can be updated with a new firmware and shipped with a new 2 year warranty, maybe the cost will become easier to fathom.

Yair, what IS modified? For example, will Aptus 65 be modified to Aptus II 65? What modified back does better than unmodified back?

Regards
Evgeny

Streetshooter

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 01:12:25 pm »

Regarding C1 5. In order for the back to be able to connect to C1 it will have to be modified as described above. Please note that 5.0 is not going to provide tethered support. This will be implemented in later versions.

Yair

Yair,

What is 'the cost' ?  I can't begin to 'fathom' it until I know !

Pete

bcooter

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2009, 01:26:10 pm »

Quote from: Streetshooter
Yair,

What is 'the cost' ?

$1,000,000

archivue

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 01:55:29 pm »

+1

Streetshooter

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 05:21:00 pm »

Quote from: bcooter

$1,000,000

BCooter,  You're just too much....

Mmm..... $1,000,000 that's double what the back is worth/cost. Maybe I'll just use my Canon instead.

Pete

Fritzer

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 11:52:11 am »

Live video comes free with the more recent backs, doesn't it ?

Considering that the very affordable, original upgrade options for my Aptus 75 to a new Leaf back have vanished, and the valuable service of my former dealer no longer exists, I'm not overly impressed by an offer that potentially adds 2000 or so Euros to my loss.

Yair, I very much appreciate your contributions, I just wished you'd stop pussyfooting around the fact that pre-Phase Leaf customers have been shafted by the takeover.
Such is life, but still.

Good for you you kept your job, I'm sure it's well deserved, but expecting me or anyone to appreciate a costly 'update' to adapt to the new owner's software (which I loathe) is a bit strong.

evgeny

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »

I discussed today the firmware upgrade with a dealer in Israel.

He said, the firmware upgrade will allow to control the Leaf digital backs from the Phase One software.
He also said it will add support of Snow Leopard to the Leaf Capture.

So, as far as I understand, spend a few hundreds backs if you want to control your Leaf digital back from a Phase One software. Otherwise stay with free Leaf Capture, I believe it will run under Snow Leopard for free.

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 03:01:35 pm »

Quote from: evgeny

He said, the firmware upgrade will allow to control the Leaf digital backs from the Phase One software.

So, as far as I understand, spend a few hundreds backs if you want to control your Leaf digital back from a Phase One software. Otherwise stay with free Leaf Capture, I believe it will run under Snow Leopard for free.

Few hundred? Try $2600 (approx amount I was quoted by my dealer).

And stay with free Leaf Capture for how many more versions? C1 will swallow it within a year.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:02:54 pm by asf »

collum

• http://www.jcollum.com
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 03:17:03 pm »

i think it has more with the supportability of the old backs by Phase One. The older backs can already do live capture... and the last time i checked, i didn't have to send my Nikon D3 into Phase One for a hardware mod to run under C1.

evgeny

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »

Quote from: asf
Few hundred? Try $2600 (approx amount I was quoted by my dealer).

And stay with free Leaf Capture for how many more versions? C1 will swallow it within a year.

Regarding prices...
I recently asked my dealer in Israel about cost of extended warranty. He said XXXX (approx 20% of the purchase price) for TWO years.
I asked him today once again, he said XXXX+$200 for ONE year.
So, take it easy. The price doesn't matter
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:35:32 pm by evgeny »

asf

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »

Regarding prices...
I recently asked my dealer in Israel about cost of extended warranty. He said XXXX (approx 20% of the purchase price) for TWO years.
I asked him today once again, he said XXXX+$200 for ONE year.
So, take it easy. The price doesn't matter

Not sure I get what you're saying - your dealer first told you the upgrade was so many thousand dollars (20% of purchase price of what exactly?) which included a 2 year warranty, then after that he told you a 1 year warranty was also so many thousand dollars + an additional $200 ??

If that's the case then I have to agree with you - the price doesn't matter as it's irrational ...

I have only been given very basic info (what i listed before) : ~$2600 to get non-Leaf Imaging backs "upgraded" - ie. refurbed and loaded with new firmware which will allow use of C1 v5, and includes a 2 year warranty. Without the upgrade Leaf Capture can still be used for free but Leaf Capture will be phased out within the year. No upgrade paths to new Leaf products except the Aptus II 10.

collum

• http://www.jcollum.com
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »

I have only been given very basic info (what i listed before) : ~$2600 to get non-Leaf Imaging backs "upgraded" - ie. refurbed and loaded with new firmware which will allow use of C1 v5, and includes a 2 year warranty. Without the upgrade Leaf Capture can still be used for free but Leaf Capture will be phased out within the year. No upgrade paths to new Leaf products except the Aptus II 10.

I think that's one of the problems.. is lack of substantiated word coming from Leaf (clear and concise). A little bit of information has made it out.. but just enough to cause a lot of confusion and a lot of worried/bad feelings from the installed base.

I'd imagine that if even a small amount of the information running thru this thread were true... it would make Hasselblad a very happy company.

An example might be taken from Betterlight... by far one of the best customer oriented companies I've ever seen.

I

evgeny

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 07:53:48 pm »

Not sure I get what you're saying - your dealer first told you the upgrade was so many thousand dollars (20% of purchase price of what exactly?) which included a 2 year warranty, then after that he told you a 1 year warranty was also so many thousand dollars + an additional $200 ??

If that's the case then I have to agree with you - the price doesn't matter as it's irrational ...

You got it right.
If development of Leaf Capture will stop within the year, I need to look for alternatives yet today.

asf

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52:47 pm »

All I'd ask is for them to continue with Leaf Capture, but I can't see that happening past next year.

How many A22 owners are willing to spend 50% of the resale value (as of the announcement of the Aptus II 5) of their backs to make them work with Capture 1?
How many Aptus owners think $2600 is a fair price for a 2 year warranty (considering the ability to use C1 isn't really something any of us wanted)?

It's true Leaf Imaging doesn't owe us anything - do we owe them anything?

I see a future where I'm maintaining a couple of 2010 era macbook pro's running 10.6 only for LC 11.9, never taking any of them on a job, and shooting 100% Canon. Sad but efficient.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up