Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto Question  (Read 1863 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Profoto Question
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:11:45 pm »

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this topic, but I don't see one that seems to fit better. Besides there's probably more pro commercial photographers here so here goes: I've got a Profoto 7 series head that has gone south. I'd like to replace the flash tube with one from my other heads to see if the problem is the flash tube. Easier said than done. The tube is pretty firmly planted in place. Is there a trick for getting it out? Or should I send it in for repair?

Thanks, John

jing q

• we are super
Profoto Question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:24:42 am »

Quote from: Juanito
Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this topic, but I don't see one that seems to fit better. Besides there's probably more pro commercial photographers here so here goes: I've got a Profoto 7 series head that has gone south. I'd like to replace the flash tube with one from my other heads to see if the problem is the flash tube. Easier said than done. The tube is pretty firmly planted in place. Is there a trick for getting it out? Or should I send it in for repair?

Thanks, John

uh just digging from memory...the flashtube is connected by two wires on each side wound pretty tightly, you need to unwind that first and then nudge the flashtube side to side until it pulls out.
Then replace it with a new flashtube.

But it's abit messy and it seems easier to just send it in for repair.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:24:57 am by jing q »

35mmSummicron

Profoto Question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:29 am »

Replacing flashtubes in Profoto heads is an easy task, as it is meant to be user replaceable.

use a philip screwdriver to remove the wire that holds the glass cover dome in place.  then gently pull the flashtube (its the circular shaped one) straight out.  Be sure not to touch the glass with your bare hands--use a power towel or something to prevent the oils on your hands from getting on the glass.

Profoto flash tubes tend to last a LONG LONG time even under heavy use.....probably why they cost so much to replace.

hope this helps.

.a
Pages: [1]   Go Up