Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900, ColorBurst & Grayscale Print Question  (Read 1118 times)

JimGoshorn

7900, ColorBurst & Grayscale Print Question
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:45:51 am »

Hi All,

I have noticed something interesting recently when printing a BW image using ColorBurst RIP v 6.1.3. When compared to Epson's ABW mode, the RIP's print appears to have a greenish cast to it. I have tried printing on both Epson Ultrasmooth (their profile) and Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta (my profile). After posting the question (initially regarding Ultrasmooth) to their forum I got this reply:

"Please try creating a new icc for this using the following settings:

In general printer options, set media type to either Textured Fine Art or Velvet Fine Art. This LUT should give you better results."

So I wrote back asking why a new profile since it is my understanding that changing the paper setting changes the ink load and gamut but shouldn't change the color cast issue I am seeing. Got no answer. So I wrote an email directly to the company asking if they have tried to duplicate my issue and still no answer. I would think this would be important to them since one of their biggest selling points is neutral grayscale prints.

Has anyone else who uses ColorBurst noticed this? Has it always been this way and I just never noticed it before?

Thanks!

Jim
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:47:26 am by JimGoshorn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up