Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOF Stacking  (Read 1709 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
DOF Stacking
« on: July 20, 2004, 07:48:26 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Actually CombineZ is a bit easier than I thought at first, but the documentation is a bit overwhelming.

To make it work, Click 'File' then highlight the files (referred to as 'frames' in CombineZ) that you want to stack. Then under the 'Special' Menu, click 'Do Combine' - that's it - you get a BMP file as the final product.  I suspect there are a zillion options available...[/font]

Ray

DOF Stacking
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 03:12:45 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Excellent! I don't see any 'wave' effect here.[/font]

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
DOF Stacking
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 07:34:54 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Further to a recent thread started by Didger, Lin Evans and Loesch mentioned a couple of programs to stack, in particular Lin mentioned that CombineZ contained functionality that dealt with the image registration problem that results from the fact that the image size changes as the focus point changes.

Here are 3 shots.  All are "out of the camera" no sharpening etc.  Canon 50mm 1.4 @ f8.

The first is the first of 6 shots of the side of a school house.  

The second is after processing by the Helicon demo.  Terrible - cannot account for the change in image sizes - Lin mentioned that the $600 version can.

The third is after process by CombineZ.  For a free program this is pretty amazing.  I'll have to spend some time figuring out the program, since this result was more accident than design.

The site for CombineZ
The current version was updated just a week or so ago[/font]

akclimber

DOF Stacking
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 08:10:04 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Very interesting.  Thanks for posting the example.  Looks well worth trying out.

Cheers![/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up