I am off to camp at the eastern edge of the Rift Valley next week, and the scenery there just cries out for panoramics. However I have never shot panoramics before and I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of any good "how to" advice. I shoot with a 5D and have a tripod with ballhead setup. Specifically:
- Which type of lenses are best - wide, tele, or standard 50mm?
- Exposure techniques - I assume this should be done manually, each shot with the same settings, using ETTR?
- Panning technique - do I have to keep the horizon in the middle of the frame?
- What software? I have LR2.5, I don't have Photoshop (and nor am I going to get it just for this), and somewhere I have a CD for something called Photostitch which came with my 5D. Is this any good?
- What is the best editing workflow?
I'd appreciate any pointers. Thanks!