Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mounting film on imacon scanner  (Read 1456 times)

Jan Brittenson

mounting film on imacon scanner
« on: December 13, 2002, 04:29:08 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I was wondering if I had to cut my
2 1/4 x 2 1/4 negative or transparancy to a single frame.  I usually cut them in strips of threes, but the with this scanner it seems that only the top frame will be scanned and if I want the middle one, I have to cut the film?[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']My Precision-II has three different 56mm wide holders: there's one with two 6x6 slots, one with a 6x7 slot, and one that's 6x17 or 6x18.  The latter is for manually cropping or making batch scans.  (I use it to make 6x12 crop scans at 3200 dpi from 4x5.)  You should be able to scan your strips of 120 with 6x6 frames either by mounting them in strip holder and cropping in ColorFlex, or by mounting the strip so that the frame shows up in the 6x6 window; just make sure the narrow slot isn't blocked since it's used for locating the holder.  When I scan small frames like this I make sure all the other frames are covered up with opaque film (I use an unexposed sheet of 4x5 RDP3).

Make sure you have the latest software; each version seems to have its own oddities and bugs, so I have two different versions installed (PC; ColorFlex 1.7.2 and 1.9.9) -- 1.9.9 for some reason fails to do focus calibration, which 1.7.2 does fine.  But 1.9.9 has CCD calibration,k shuts of the light table durings scans, and some other important functionality.

Good luck... It's a wonderful scanner once you get the hang of using it.[/font]

rp

mounting film on imacon scanner
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 05:35:50 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hello,
I'm just starting to use the Imacon Flextight Precision II scanner at school and I was wondering if I had to cut my
2 1/4 x 2 1/4 negative or transparancy to a single frame.  I usually cut them in strips of threes, but the with this scanner it seems that only the top frame will be scanned and if I want the middle one, I have to cut the film?

Am I doing this right? or is there a better way to mount my film on the holder, or have the scanner pick the middle or last frame on the holder?
Rahim[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up