Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P65+ and ACR5.5/LR2.5  (Read 1504 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
P65+ and ACR5.5/LR2.5
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:12:14 pm »

i was surprised this morning when I imported a folder from my P65+ into LR and the images popped up full resolution.  I saw no mention of the P65+ in the ACR 5.5 release notes, but it appears there is some preliminary support there.  I worked on a couple of files and opened them up in Photoshop and the results seemed pretty good.  Using local adjustments is pretty challenging because of the big files so they are sluggish, but I love this feature in ACR/LR, so I may try this workflow a little.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
P65+ and ACR5.5/LR2.5
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:31:05 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
i was surprised this morning when I imported a folder from my P65+ into LR and the images popped up full resolution.  I saw no mention of the P65+ in the ACR 5.5 release notes, but it appears there is some preliminary support there.  I worked on a couple of files and opened them up in Photoshop and the results seemed pretty good.  Using local adjustments is pretty challenging because of the big files so they are sluggish, but I love this feature in ACR/LR, so I may try this workflow a little.

Yes it works since 2.3 or 2.4. However it really is only to import and select. The image quality is quite bad. I found that I can make a out a center or should I even say sometimes a quad fold in some images. Especially in LLC files. In addition, Lightroom does not import sRAW images.  Strange that Adobe needs forever to correct these issues. Than again, probably nobody would use ACR with a P65. There is a reason one buys such a back and to get the best out of it there is no way around C1.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
P65+ and ACR5.5/LR2.5
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 06:28:26 pm »

Quote from: Christopher
Yes it works since 2.3 or 2.4. However it really is only to import and select. The image quality is quite bad. I found that I can make a out a center or should I even say sometimes a quad fold in some images. Especially in LLC files. In addition, Lightroom does not import sRAW images.  Strange that Adobe needs forever to correct these issues. Than again, probably nobody would use ACR with a P65. There is a reason one buys such a back and to get the best out of it there is no way around C1.

Well, hopefully I can learn to use C1 much better at the upcoming workshop . I was pretty content with my landscape images from my p45 rendered through LR.  I didn't look at the images closely to notice the problems you are mentioning.  Oddly I just received my camera in August and couldn't get Lightroom to render a decent preview, so I assumed this was new to 2.5.  In fact, I had to remove some early folders and reimport them to get 1:1 previews rendered.

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep plugging away with C1.

Any good tutorials out there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up