Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderless 4880  (Read 1554 times)

ErezAvraham

Borderless 4880
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:26:52 am »

hi all

im very new to printing so i have read a lot here and listened to the video toturial from camera to print but i cant get this simple issue resolved.
using epson 4880 and printing via MAC from CS3 i cropped the image to 8.5x11 then selected page setup - borderless but when i print it always print with a border
see settings:
[attachment=17055:Picture_1.png]

then i tried to print from aperture and the print preview shows the image with no border but it is still printing with a border.
[attachment=17056:Picture_3.png]
i read in one forum the 4880 can print borderless with roll paper only and on another forum that it can do it with sheet paper only.
i dont understand why it adds the border if i crop it to size
thanks

Conner999

Borderless 4880
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:34:07 am »

From the 4880 spec sheet - borderless on roll only. May have to do with the paper feed mechanics.

BTW - looking to replace my 3800 with a 4880 (or successor) due to the infamous pizza wheel marks on glossy stock - how do you like the 4880?

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
Borderless 4880
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:59:48 am »

Quote from: ErezAvraham
hi all

im very new to printing so i have read a lot here and listened to the video toturial from camera to print but i cant get this simple issue resolved.
using epson 4880 and printing via MAC from CS3 i cropped the image to 8.5x11 then selected page setup - borderless but when i print it always print with a border
see settings:
[attachment=17055:Picture_1.png]

then i tried to print from aperture and the print preview shows the image with no border but it is still printing with a border.
[attachment=17056:Picture_3.png]
i read in one forum the 4880 can print borderless with roll paper only and on another forum that it can do it with sheet paper only.
i dont understand why it adds the border if i crop it to size
thanks

To print borderless the machine prints a certain depth across the full width of the roll but cant print on the leading edge which is held down by the rollers, after a couple of inches it can cut the unprinted strip off and print to the end of the job and cut off at the top of the print.
it doesnt cut sheets as there would be bits left at the top of the page inside the machine.
edwin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:01:00 am by edwinb »
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

ErezAvraham

Borderless 4880
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:21 am »

hi Conner

thanks for the reply. i like the 4880 but im sure i would have liked the 3880 as well. i chosse the 4880 because the price was right and in time the savings in ink and roll paper will be big enough but this is a VERY big printer. if you need to move it or take it to service you will think about it twice. i couldnt move it alone, might be a problem in small spaces (like my house )

Quote from: Conner999
From the 4880 spec sheet - borderless on roll only. May have to do with the paper feed mechanics.

BTW - looking to replace my 3800 with a 4880 (or successor) due to the infamous pizza wheel marks on glossy stock - how do you like the 4880?
Pages: [1]   Go Up