Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica D-lux 4 Firmware update  (Read 4150 times)

GPatch

Leica D-lux 4 Firmware update
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:51 am »

Does anyone know when Leica will release the firmware update 2.0 for the D Lux 4.  I understand the update for the Panasonic is already out.
It tee's me off that I paid several hundred dollars more and get the update last.

I started taking HDR photos and the +- 1 AEB  is not very good.  The D Lux 4 takes great pictures and I love the camera, but will have to sell it if I don't get the update soon.  I have a 5D MK ll and 80% of my HDR photos are good (not great, but good).  Almost all of my Leica HDR are deleted.  I've ordered a Canon S90 and on the waiting list.
Thanks
Gpatch

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:26:06 am »

Quote from: GPatch
Does anyone know when Leica will release the firmware update 2.0 for the D Lux 4.  I understand the update for the Panasonic is already out.
It tee's me off that I paid several hundred dollars more and get the update last.

I started taking HDR photos and the +- 1 AEB  is not very good.  The D Lux 4 takes great pictures and I love the camera, but will have to sell it if I don't get the update soon.  I have a 5D MK ll and 80% of my HDR photos are good (not great, but good).  Almost all of my Leica HDR are deleted.  I've ordered a Canon S90 and on the waiting list.
Thanks
Gpatch

Patience....

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/...091-post34.html

It´s on its way....  Problem is, Panasonic had to retract their update due to some bug, and will be back on Oct 20.  If they survive, Leica will follow....
Per Ofverbeck
My

ceyman

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 04:58:54 pm »

Quote from: Per Ofverbeck
It´s on its way....  Problem is, Panasonic had to retract their update due to some bug, and will be back on Oct 20.  If they survive, Leica will follow....

I'll re-post this since the crash.  

Thanks for the heads-up on the new firmware.  I've bookmarked the download site & will check back later in the month.  Only the flashing highlights in review and the 3 stop bracket will be of value to me, though.  

I've really enjoyed this as a walk-around camera.  It's small enough to always  have  with me and takes great pictures.  The new 4/3's like the GF1 look interesting, but by the time you put a lens on them they're still much bigger than the LX3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up